Thursday, January 15, 2009

Photostory Friday and My Brave Girl

Riley has always been the leader of the pack in our house and recently she has added some new acomplishments to her list.

A few weeks ago, the girls had their 6 month check-up at the dentist and I was pleasantly surprised when Riley decided that she was a big girl and she could sit in the dentist chair all by herself. No crying about getting her teeth cleaned or having x-rays taken. She was such a big girl...I hope that when the next 6 month check-up comes around, Alyssa and Makena will be brave enough to sit on their own too!

Two weeks ago, Riley was brave enough to get her ears pierced when daddy took the girls to the mall. She cried a little bit, but the M&M cookie that she got from Mrs. Field's dried those tears up quickly. Alyssa and Makena were too scared to follow her lead. So for now, Riley loves showing off her earrings to everyone she sees!

Riley was the only one who wanted to get her face painted at a birthday party last weekend. She was so proud of her butterfly face and wouldn't let me wash it off that night before bed.

Watching Riley accomplish all these new things reminds me of how fast the girls are growing up. I recently asked Riley what she wanted to be when she grows up and she said "a fireman."

Such a brave girl!



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

30 comments:

debi9kids said...

OH! How cute is she!?! What a fantastically independant girl!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Wow! I am impressed, and she looks absolutely beautiful with her earrings and butterfly face.

Amanda said...

She is brave to get both her ears pierced! I remember getting one side done and then refusing to have the other side. It took my mother over a month to get my other ear pierced.

Cammie said...

I cant believe her sister's did not want their ears pierced too! And I love love LOVE the butterfly pic!

Crystal said...

How sweet! She sure is growing up!

Suzanne said...

awwww...so proud! i have chill bumps...what a brave little woman!

Lindsay said...

What a brave little girl you have there! I love the picture of her at the dentist.

Mandy said...

Oh, she is a brave little thing! What a leader she is/will be!

The McNulty Family said...

What a BEAUTIFUL little leader/trail blazer she is!! Great post Casey.

I can't wait to see you guys.. hope all are healthy Monday. Miss you mama!
XOXO
Gen

tiarastantrums said...

rock on Sister Riley!

Pam said...

How cute and brave! Lots to be proud of momma! And I know your proud of them all. I love the painting and the earrings! Way to go Riley!

Jen said...

I just love her sitting there in the dentist chair. She is so cute and such a big girl!

Laura said...

She is a brave girl. I love that she has a very distinct personality. I wouldn't have washed that butterfly off either.
Pierced ears, how fun!

Andra said...

What a brave girl! I still don't have my ears pierced.

Abby said...

That face paint is beautiful! I have one that loves the face painting and the other that is terrifed of it. She says it reminds her of clowns and then she shudders ;)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what a brave little girl she is, blazing a trail all her own! that is an awesome spirit in that little girl of yours!

Michelle said...

How neat that Riley stands out as the leader of her sisters. She looks adorable with her newly pierced ears.

My name is Tammie said...

What a big girl! I loooove her earrings. So cute. I love that you guys gave the girls their own choice to do that. What a great idea. I gave Abs no choice, she was 6 months old. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Cute little girl and she does sound brave. I was in my late 20s before I dared get my ears pierced.

Hilary said...

love th ear piercing and beautiful butterfly face....they are getting too big what happened to our girlies?! :) love it though!!

Jaysi said...

What a brave girl!!! I love the face paint too!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so cute! I love the picture of her on the giraffee!

girlytwins said...

I am so loving this post. Riley is growing up so fast. She is such a doll. I love how our girls are getting to big but its also is an ending to the the baby stage which tugs at my heart strings a bit :)

girlytwins said...

My girls have been asking to get their ears pierced but I am worried that it will be a painful afterwards and they might get pulled out. Have you had any problems??

Susan said...

That's great!
What a fantastic example she is not only for her sisters, but for other kids.

Rebecca Jo said...

They get so big in just a blink of an eye.... that face paint is too cool!

Annie said...

Definitely, she is very brave. At this moment in my life I feel horrible when visit the dentist.

Good job Riley.

Have a nice weekend.

Chris said...

Congratulations at the dentist -- that is MUCH braver than I am (I'm a big baby)

My five year old is very jealous of the face painting.

Jaime said...

She is adorable. And truly brave, too! What a great example to her sisters!

Bethany said...

Wow, what a cutie she is! Kudos to her for getting her ears pierced-- my 13 year old sister freaked out LOL!