Thursday, April 30, 2009

Photostory Friday and The Long Road Home

One of the best things about the warmer weather and longer days is playing outside with the boys next door. The kids get to play in the sprinklers, ride bikes and scooters, or play in the sandbox at BF Jess's house.

But the fun always has to come to an end at some point. It is always an adventure rounding up my girls and trying to get them to walk the short distance home. Evan is usually the gentleman and will help "walk" the girls home.

On this particular day, Evan, Lissy, and Riley decided to play "Ring around the Rosie" on the way over to our house. I snapped a few pictures because I thought it was so cute. When I got home later and looked through the pictures, I noticed that I also captured a typical trip home.

Notice Makena running like a madwoman in the opposite direction down the street.

And in the next picture I capture her again. She has now circled back around but has no interest in heading towards home. What's new?

Never a dull moment!


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek





20 comments:

Shellie said...

They are cute, love the stray girl!

loren said...

Hahahahaha... that's adorable!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Fun for everyone, huh?! :) There is always one who resists the pull of home.

More Than Words said...

How cute! I can imagine the task of keeping them all together at once!!

Anonymous said...

hehe such a cute series of photos!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Haha, everyone loves a stray! They are so adorable and getting so big!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

that really is so awesome that you live next door to your bf + all your kids get along so well. makena reminds me of ella, as soon as i say it is time to go inside she starts running around like crazy trying to get away from going inside!

Maggie May said...

What lovely pictures. You need three pairs of hands.

Jen said...

kids, always doing what they should not be doing. :)

Cecily R said...

Your AWOL comment made me laugh outloud...I love the down to earth, easy going way you are with your kids. LOVE it!

Jocasta said...

I love these pictures - made me chuckle out loud!

carrhop said...

You're gonna have to get a retractable leash for that one! Great pictures!!

Blessings!

Claremont First Ward said...

Who wants to go home when there is fun to be had? :)

debi9kids said...

LOL! LOVE her running off on her own! Too funny! (Will would be right there with her, running away. LOL)

tiarastantrums said...

love their little bikinis

Jaysi said...

Was it just too much fun for her or what?

girlytwins said...

Haha. Hilarious! I wouldn't wanna leave that much fun either :)

Mandy said...

So fun and so cute!

Unknown said...

I bet you stay exhausted chasing them around. :)

Jessica said...

That is funny! I don't think we captured our first run through the sprinklers tonight..Ahh the summer fun:)