Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wordful Wednesday and We found the sun!

We had a beautiful day on Monday....the perfect weather to get out of the house and spend the day with friends. We joined the boys next door and our quad buddies at Fairytale Town and spent the day playing, climbing, sliding and running. I can remember my grandparents taking me and my cousins to Fairytale Town when I was a little girl, so it is fun to go back and visit as an adult. It certainly has not lost it's magic with all the favorite nursery tale rhymes as themes for the slides and play structures.

It is always an adventure when we are out. We had some minor injuries (one skinned knee, one fat lip, and one bump on the head) but the girls didn't let that slow them down!

"Mommy, are you SURE I can't climb this tree?"

--Makena

How many kids can you fit on a turtle? Nine and counting.....

Riley...in her element, hanging from the bars.

Makena, happy as can be climbing (as usual)!


Alyssa's favorite activity was going down the slides. Girlfriend ran circles around me all day long sliding down over and over again. She's just slightly obsessive!


Lissy-bear joining her quad buddies for a stroll.

Thanks for the fun day! Can't wait for our next adventure....


For more Wordful Wednesday
Visit Angie at

32 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

looks fun - hey when did you cut their hair??

Andra said...

I love Fairytale Town! My grandparents took me there also as a kid- brings back memories. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go. Looks like you guys had a great time.

debi9kids said...

These pics are so cute! That place looks like so much fun for all the kiddies!
Now I know where abouts you are in Cali! I have a good friend who takes her twins there all the time...
I may be coming out your way in the summer :)

Happy WW!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the continued fun times. I wish you were always on spring break!

Cecily R said...

That last shot is my favorite...I am such a sucker for a walking away shot, and all of them holding hands? I'm DONE for!!! :)

Hootin Anni said...

...all the happy smiles. I really like that last photo...together, wherever they go.

My Wordful is posted now. Thing is, the photos aren't of good quality this time since I had to photograph them through the dining room window.

Happy Wednesday to you.

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Great pictures!!! Your LO's are so cute!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

It probably was a beautiful day, not so hot not too cool. Fairytale Town sounds like a fun place to be!!!!

Amy said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time. I am doing a Round Robin on my blog page on Friday April 10th if you want to come by. More details on this event will be posted later on this afternoon.

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

ooo very cute! I love the one of all of the kids on the turtle!

More Than Words said...

How cute!!!!!!

We have something very similar to that here. It's called Fairyland! We haven't been there in a long time!!

Nicole said...

Looks like a great day!

Heather said...

I wish we had a Fairyland! Looks so cool. And I still can't get over their little hair cuts. They are now completely, and utterly, little girls.

Susie said...

That looks like so much fun:-) Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I really love the last one where they're all holding hands.

Pam said...

So cute, and I love the haircuts! Just precious!

Unknown said...

What a fun time with friends. And so neat that you went somewhere that you used to go as a child.

Tracey's Life said...

Looks like so much fun. I am jealous seeing the kids in shorts. We had snow flurries in New Jersey today (yuck). Did you ever get to the library to check out Jodi Picoult?

Jaysi said...

Wow! You guys sure do know how to have a good time. Injuries and all!

R and R Stacy said...

Looks like a fun day!! They are all precious!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so glad the sun decided to shine. Monday was so warm here, too. The park playdate looks like so much fun!

Kelly said...

Too cute!

Jen said...

what a fun day! So I just have to ask, how many adult were there. Was it just 3 mommies with all those kids? just wondering b/c if so you guys rock!

The McNulty Family said...

We had so much fun! Well.... until Russ, well you know..! Good LORD Casey, I still don't know why you put up with me. BUT, I'm sooooo glad you do!!

I can't wait for our next adventure! What do you think of Safetyville? It might be right up my kids ally! LOL
xoxo
Gen

Annie said...

Great place. We need some place like that here.

Real fun day.

Susan said...

Looks like a great day! Wish I could bottle the energy these kids have.

Michelle said...

I miss those days of just hanging with friends. Enjoy it, because once they get into Elementary school it slows down to a trickle.

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the pic on the turtle!

My name is Tammie said...

Their hair!!!! How did you get away with not doing a post about their hair?!!! OMG It is SO SO SO cute! I love it! Now Lissy and Abs look alike again. LOL. So cute!!!

Jody said...

I love their hair! :)they are very pretty girls....

girlytwins said...

I think it is so awesome how you manage to have have such a great playdates with so many kiddies :) Your girls are sure to have wonderful friends when they grow up.