My friend Ramona has launched an awesome website in honor of her sister who passed away from breast cancer on February 1, 2006. Liz found a lump in her breast at the age of 23 and her doctor told her there was no chance of it being cancer and not to worry. A few years later she started having soreness and pain in her back, neck, and ribs but thought nothing of it until one day she got up from bed and could no longer walk. After multiple tests, a bone scan was done and the doctors discovered she had cancer on numerous bones.A terminal diagnosis of stage 4 metastatic breast cancer soon followed. Elizabeth Ann Overturf was just 28 years old when she died.
Ramona describes Liz as a fashion diva who loved clothes, shoes, purses, and jewelry. She also had a smile that could light up the room as you can see in the picture above. In honor of Liz's love for shopping, Ramona created Uptown Liz.
Uptown Liz was founded to promote products from companies whose proceeds directly give back to charitable organizations.
Ramona is hosting a giveaway on her blog for a pink carrying case for an ipod nano or iphone. So please click here and enter to win! And don't forget to take some time to browse around Uptown Liz to check out all the companies who donate proceeds from their sales to charitable organizations.
When you leave your comment to enter the contest here, let Ramona know you are visiting from the Quilao Triplets blog!
For more Wordful Wednesday
Visit Angie at









14 comments:
How sweet of you to have this for your WW post!!!
My W W is now published. I hope you can stop by sometime if you find time. It's a YOU TUBE I made of slides on a walking tour I took my husband on this past Saturday. If you have speakers, turn up the volume...some good music was added! Happy Wednesday!
Great post! I will check it out!
Thanks!
What a heartbreaking story. Thanks so much for sharing her story.
What a great cause and was inspired by a beautiful girl! Thanks for sending this info my way!
What a wonderful way to honor her sister! I love it!
she looks so pretty and what a sad story I am so happy that her sister honors her in such a way
Oh my that story just breaks my heart! I went over and put in an entry. Thanks so much for letting us know about her site!
What a great cause. I am going to pop over there now.
oh this is so sad - but good for you!
That is horrible. Only 28 and was told she was too young. Age just does not seem to matter anymore. Great post.
Oh wow, what a powerful story and tribute. Talk about perspective.
This is truely a wonderful WW Casey. Thanks for sharing this with us :)
I remember you talking about this last year. Sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment