Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wordful Wednesday-The Aquarium


Steve and I loaded the girls up this weekend and drove into San Francisco to check out the Steinhart Aquarium. The girls love animals and fish and were so excited to look for "Nemo" in the huge fishtanks we saw.


But my favorite was seeing the penguins! Although, I couldn't stop thinking about the scene from "Happy Feet" when Mumble gets captured and thrown in the zoo and tries to get out of the glass cage.



I caught Alyssa's hands in this picture trying to say hello to Mr. Penguin. He put on quite a show for the girls and kept diving right in front of them! I didn't hear any screams from him though. Does he look like he's trying to escape?

The weather was beautiful in S.F. and we soaked up a little sun before heading back home. We found a perfect photo-op with this sea lion statue.


Makena



Alyssa



Riley


For more Wordful Wednesdays


Visit Angie at






23 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

A super fun day! And such sweet, sweet smiles in the photos.

Come see my W W if you have some time today.

I am Harriet said...

That place looks great!
Loved the photos!

Jaysi said...

I love the aquarium!! That looks like a blast! Gosh your girls are getting big!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I cant wait to take Hailee to a zoo with an aquarium!

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh....girl..I live like 30 min. from the zoo!!! I would totally trip out if I saw you there! I would totally recognize your crew!!

LOL...I sound like a stalker!! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip! I love the photo opt with the seal!

tiarastantrums said...

oh you are so lucky to be so close to that!!

Jen said...

Love pic #1. I can just imagine how fascinated they were!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like they absolutely loved it!

Unknown said...

What a fun adventure! I really like the pics with the sea lion - very nice.

Annie said...

Wonderful trip to the aquarium. The girls look so big, OMG.

Dee said...

great pictures! The penguins are my favorite part of the zoo too!!

Jen said...

how fun!

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like they had so much fun!

girlytwins said...

So cute. What a great day. I still need to take my girls to our aquarium. I think they will love it :)

As usual adorable!!

Susan said...

How cute! Looks like a fun day!

Jessica said...

Glad you were able to get out of the heat! Cute pics..They are getting really good at posing for the camera:)

Michelle said...

You got some great shots. I especially love the little out stretched arms

debi9kids said...

Awwwww, your girls are such cuties! Looks like such a wonderful afternoon!
That movie is so sad at parts :(

Anonymous said...

I love the aquarium! It makes me want to visit one! Your girls are adorable!!

The Pifer's said...

I found your blog through another--your girls are beautiful. You are "triple-ly" blessed :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I have enjoyed finding your blog and will be back often...
Hope you will stop by my blog and read about little Maggie.
This is an urgent prayer need.
I have seen the power of prayer over and over in the blog world.
I have a button for anyone that would like to add it to their blog.

Shannon said...

So stinkin' cute! We just visited a zoo and aquarium. Its mesmerizing for the kiddos and so much fun to watch them absorb it all.