Monday, June 29, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute--The Pool

BF Jess and I had our first official summer adventure with the kids now that I am on vacation for a few weeks. We have had horribly hot weather and decided to hit the local pool today to try and stay cool. Jess and I thought we'd be there for a couple of hours, but it turns out our kids are part fish and we stayed most of the day.

This little wading pool is perfect being only 18 inches deep. By the end of the day, the girls had practiced blowing bubbles and putting their faces in the water more times than I can count. They were so proud of themselves and I must have heard "I'm a good swimmer mommy" at least 100 times today.

The "big kids" (My almost 4-year olds and Jess's soon to be 5-year old)

Riley--showing off her best belly crawl in the water.

Follow the leader---Makena & Riley

Lissy and Evan...these two are BFF's and have a soft spot in their hearts for each other!

Mr. Calum did a great job keeping up with the big kids.


Time for some carb-loading....swimming takes alot of energy!

And after 5 hours of swimming....the girls were pooped!





Visit Angie at Seven Clown Circus

Tuesday's Tribute





19 comments:

More Than Words said...

LOL!! I love that last picture!!!!!!!!

Swimming takes alot out of them, and especially for five hours! I bet they were sooooo tired!!

Hopie said...

They are so cute. I remember loving the pool when my kids were little. they would play in it all day.

Anonymous said...

adorable!! Looks like you guys had a blast! I love the passed out picture!

kisatrtle said...

wonderful photos

Claremont First Ward said...

LOVE a good day a swimming and then a good nap! :) Your 3 little fishies look as cute as ever.

Amy said...

We love swim days also. The last picture is the best a Mom could ask for.

Hilary said...

CUTE!!!! Swimming is hard work :)

TheAtticGirl said...

They are so cute!

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/06/tuesday-tribute-for-my-friend-who-wants.html

Susan said...

I so wish I had a pool in my backyard that way we could swim everyday and the kids would sleep in...

love the last picture!

Melissa said...

Oh how fun.... and I love the pic of all three of them sleeping in the car... too cute!!

KatBouska said...

Yeah they were! Sunshine and water will do that to you. :)

Jen said...

what a great swim! love all the photos.

Michelle said...

I love going to the pool and spending the day. Even better when it tires everyone out! :)

Jaysi said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait until Luke gets out of his cast so we can hit the pool too! So great that you have friends to go with too!

K said...

My Tuesday Tribute was to a pool too! Mine no longer fall asleep on the way home. Those are sweet days! enjoy.
Blessings!

Jessica said...

Ah so much fun! I love the pic of the BFF's. Did you get the big cooler so we can load it up for our next pool trip:)..So glad your off for summer.

Jocasta said...

I love the car ride home after swimming!

girlytwins said...

Your lil' fishes are too cute. My girls have really taken to the water this year too. It provides for some great naps :)

Pam said...

Adorable kiddos. I love the last pic of them zonked out in the car!