Sunday, July 12, 2009

Keepin' them busy


I just realized this morning that it has been almost a week since I updated the blog. My dreams of being more blog-efficient while on vacation have not come true.

But, I've been taking pictures and trying to get the girls out of the house every.single.day. Frankly, that is the only way to survive when the house is outnumbered by 3-year olds.

What have we been up to?

Hanging out with our girlfriends


Agreeing to sit for 2 seconds to take a picture with mommy


Celebrating Miss Ashly's 15th birthday with a trip to the splash park!




What 15 year-old doesn't want to celebrate her birthday with 10 kids all under the age of four?




Eating Mickey Mouse pancakes at our fave local restaurant.




Running laps up and down the hills in our neighborhood.




Experiencing a movie at the theater for the first time with the boys next door.



Walking down the stream at the water park.



Playing in the dirt (a fave activity for my girls).



Having picnic lunches....a summertime must!




And of course, I have been reading during nap time! I am really enjoying this memoir by Nicholas Sparks.


So what have YOU been up to??


14 comments:

debi9kids said...

Looks like you have been having a wonderful summer! Looks like beautiful weather as well. (just lovely)
We are taking my twins to their first movie tonight (Ice Age). Hoping it goes well....

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, I have fatigue just looking at all of your pictures. BUT it looks like killer fun!! Happy summer!!

Jen said...

Wow, I think that you are totally succeeding in keeping your girls busy. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys have been having a blast! I have that book on my shelf.. I will have to read it soon :-)!

Rachel said...

Ohhh I love Nicholas Sparks and that memoir is one of my favorites. You really learn so much about him as a person...I'm jealous, I need to get back to my old reading ways!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Wow...you are very creative! I can only imagine trying to keep up with the kids during summer vacations. I'm already taking notes of things to do when I have kids to keep them smiling as well as myself:D Beuaitiful pictures:D

{K} said...

Looks like y'all are staying busy and having a great summer!!

latree said...

I can see how you girls have been sooooo busy, and had bunches of fun!

Steph said...

That water park looks awesome, where is that?

Looks like you girls are having fun! Enjoy!

Susan said...

Definitely looks like lots of summer fun!

Genny said...

Taking pictures and getting the girls out of the house every day...definitely a good thing. :)

Jessica said...

Great post! We have already done some pretty fun things..What's next?

Summer said...

Wowza, you have your hands full! But at least they're freaking adorable!

Jen said...

Outdoor lunches are so fun with young ones! That was one of my fave things to do with my kids when they were younger. Now they just look at me like I'm crazy if I suggest we sit outside to eat!