Thursday, August 13, 2009

Photostory Friday and The End of an Era

Big changes are happening tomorrow. We are saying goodbye to cribs and transitioning the girls to twin beds. Although, the thought of leaving them in cribs until their 18th birthday has crossed my mind frequently, I'm pulling up my big girl pants again and making the transition. My babies just aren't babies anymore.















Remember this video of the girls trying to climb into Alyssa's crib?






PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Click here to see our guest list and add your link.

19 comments:

CHELZERS said...

OH!! Congrats--I think! :) We are going to 'big girl beds' in two weeks when we move. Not sure that's what I want, but we do what we have to do. any advice yet?

More Than Words said...

Awww!! So precious!

They are going to love their new beds! Just as long as they're all together, they will be happy!

Trina and Jophie said...

That video is hilarious!

I vote to just keep them in their cribs till you see nothing but legs and arms poking through the bars...LOL


Trina and Jophie

Cayle said...

Ah. can not see the video
I am not sure what is wrong.

I have been following your blog for lets say a Long awhile now xD since your jon and kate post?

And they have grown up a lot!

very pretty girls i must say. [=

Anonymous said...

awww I am sure the are so excited!! We moved Sammy a few weeks ago.. I really thought it was going to be tougher than it was. I will keep my fingers crossed that yours is an easy transition as well.

Debbie said...

They grow up too fast, don't they? They are beautiful!

Emily said...

How exciting! I had smoothing transitions when I moved my two, hopefully you'll have the same thing!

Annie said...

I know they are going to love their new beds. Is difficult when we have to do some changes but, changes are necessary.

Have a great weekend.

kayerj said...

good luck with the transition :)
Here’s my photo story. happy Friday!

Jen said...

Good luck. We made this transition a couple weeks ago and we are still working out the kinks.

Laura said...

Love the pictures. They are soooo cute! As hard as it is to move out of cribs... someday it just has to happen! I do wish you a much better experience than we had. My girls are finally now sleeping together (which used to separate them every night for bed). As long as they don't take any naps things are usually ok. Took two full years to get there.

Wayne said...

how exciting, I'm sure they will be fine. keep us all posted

Susan said...

Taking down the crib for the last time was very hard for me. It truly meant that my baby was no longer a baby, but we had to do it before he busted his head open climbing out.

They are going to love their new beds.

Anne said...

The video is priceless. Good luck with the transition. My escape artist sort of forced the change a while ago which was more trauamtic for me than her.

loren said...

I Love that first picture. It reminds me so much of my girls at that age. Your girls are (as always) so adorable!!!

scrappysue said...

have they been i separate cribs? i bet they'll all end up sleeping together - just buy one bed to start with ok!?!?!!!!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Dude that video is hilarious? Tell me this? Is there personalities like that video? Kid one figures it out, jumps right in? Kid two perseveres eventually figures it out.. kid three needs help... ??

They're gonna love this when they are older!!

yay for big kid beds..! We just bought a decent mattress for our oldest kid.. she's eleven! Man that has flown by!

tiarastantrums said...

yeah!!! no more escaping right (Smiles)

tiarastantrums said...

that video was hilarious!!!!!!!!!