Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wordful Wednesday


The topic for my post today was a toss up. I could write about how it has been 19 days and my Tahoe is still at the dealership needing major work done with no current estimate of when I'll get the car back. I could write about how I'm so frustrated with this whole repair fiasco that it might be easier to start the car on fire, push it over a cliff and just start over.

But that kind of a post isn't all the fun and puts me in a bad mood.

So instead, I'll tell you about the gigantic ice cream cones that my kids devoured with no help from me on one of our recent nights out. Because ice cream ALWAYS makes it better!








I'm going to try my best to bury my frustrations at the spa today with two of my favorite people. Celebrating 20+ years of friendship certainly brings a smile to my face!




For more Wordful Wednesday

Visit Angie at

17 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Is it spa time again already? What are you having done?

Those ice cream cones look good. I was buying McDonald's cones about 4 times a week for awhile there.......but my thighs starting loving that cream way too much. :) I want to know how my kids can eat an icecream cone as often as me but not have any extra padding to show for it? :) Wait. I know. They never sit still for a minute. :)

More Than Words said...

Yum, ice cream always makes me feel better too!! LOL!

Enjoy your celebration! That is a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

ooo those ice cream cones look to good to be true! Yum! Yay for friendships and celebrating at the spa! booo on the car.. I was hoping you had it back and just didn't write about it!

Heather said...

I am shocked, astounded, saddened and otherwise in awe of your unfortunate car situation. I think my head would probably explode.

Jen said...

Yup, ice cream makes everything better. I hope that you have a fabulous time at the spa.

tiarastantrums said...

have a great day and I hope you get good new soon!

girlytwins said...

My girls recently discovered that they LOVE ice cream!! We make weekly trips to get it :)

And whoa am I jealous of a spa trip. I so need one. Have a great day. 20 years of friendship is surely something to celebrate!!

Michelle said...

Oh yeah, ice cream and friends always make things better. Have a great time at the spa.

Muthering Heights said...

I think spa day sounds like great tradition with friends!

Laura said...

Oh my I would be the one jumping off the cliff with your car situation! Unbelievable. I hope you have a rental...

The ice cream looks so good. Cute cute cuties!

Tracey's Life said...

Oh so sorry to hear that the car is still "sick" - I hope you get it back soon. But yes, Ice Cream does always make it better! So does a day spent with good friends!

Jeanette said...

Wow, ice cream and a spa date. Great post!

Jessica said...

Thanks so much for a great day out:). Your the best friend a girl could ever ask for! You can now say you know how to have a tea party at the bottom of a pool..Ha ha
Love ya!!

Annie said...

I like ice cream and definitely make me feel fine but not the gain weight we add with it.

Great pictures of the girls.

Susan said...

hope you had a great day at the spa and yes, ice cream makes everything better.

Kerree said...

I just read a comment you made on another blog about people 'feeling sorry' for you because you have triplets. I was astounded! I totally envy you. My dad is a twin and I always wanted twins or triplets but got 4 singles instead. Not that I don't love my singles but I think you are extremely lucky

Casey's trio said...

Kerree,

Thank you for your sweet comment!!