Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wordful Wednesday-Pumpkin Patch

The girls had their first fieldtrip recently and I got to come along. It's always fun to see the girls in their preschool environment, but when I'm there they can't quite figure out how to act. Do we listen to the teacher like we normally do (think angelic behavior)? Or do we whine and fuss and pretend we can't walk and fall on the ground (think drive mommy crazy)? Overall it was 95 % angelic behavior so we all left in one piece.

The girl's highlight of the trip was riding a school bus to the fieldtrip. Personally, I could have lived with the fond memories I had of catching the bus at 6:45 in the morning as a Freshman in high school. Riding three to a seat and belting out Paul Revere at the top of your lungs with the other Freshman dorks kinda sticks with you. But this time we belted out Wheels on the Bus, so that is a memory I'll never forget.

Anyway, the pumpkin patch was a huge hit, as expected, and we will be going back at least one more time as a family before the Halloween season is over.



Makena


Alyssa


Riley


The trio


They cornered a goat....and a trip to a petting zoo wouldn't be complete without me yelling at them not to pick up the "little black balls" (a.k.a goat poop).

"Mommy, are you gonna leave us here?





For more Wordful Wednesday
Visit Angie at


22 comments:

More Than Words said...

They are so cute! I love how they are always be each other!

Liz Mays said...

I'm glad the little cuties had so much fun!

Dumb Mom said...

Fall trips to the pumpkin patch are always a hit around here too. We went to the apple orchard a couple of weeks ago and are planning a trip to the pumpkins soon. Hope my dudes have as much fun as it looks like your girls did!

Pam said...

These are such fun times...enjoy every minute of them! Your friend in East Texas, Pam.

Anonymous said...

awww so much fun! I love the class pictures on the pumpkins so cute!!

Pam said...

Oh yeah, I meant to say, I don't know where in CA you are but I hope the weather is good...I have heard some scarry news about weather in CA right now......we are still afloat in East Texas, barely, but still on ground! :)Pam

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, I haven't been by in awhile and they've gotten so big!!!!!

I love these kinds of things. My little guy is going on field trips and I get to go in a couple of weeks.

Hope all is well with you!

Muthering Heights said...

I just love the photos of them on the pumpkins!

girlytwins said...

So fun. We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet this year. The girls have been asking however.

Don't u just love the difference in kids when mommy is around? :)

Jen said...

What a great flied trip.

Michelle said...

I miss taking trips to the pumpkin patch!

Always, your girls are adorable...even if they aren't always angelic. :)

tiarastantrums said...

love how the girls stick together

Hilary said...

That's cute except for the poop of course :)

Kat @ For the Love of Chaos said...

They are so flippin cute :) Looks like they had a great time!!

Malena said...

So sweet! Wow, they have a lot of boys in their class. Do they play with the boys (other than the "famous" boys next door)?

Jessica said...

Great I have a new but (old) title! I love that we are mama dorks now instead of freshman dorks:)..Good times. That reminded me of how we puff painted (in pink) Goofball I and Goofball II on our backpacks..Dork out!!!:)
I love ya sista!

Jen said...

How sweet! Looks like you had a great time. I have almost the exact same pic of my son and his preschool class from almost 10 years ago! :)

Casey's trio said...

Malena,

Yes there were alot of boys in that picture! I didn't realize that until you pointed it out. They split the 4 year olds into 2 groups so there are more girls they go to school with. And my girls love playing with both boys and girls at school. But the boys next door are their favorite :)

Heather said...

OMG, that picture of your girls behind the fence just kills me. Fun stuff!

Annie said...

I'm jealous, we don't have that kind of places here.

But, I'm happy that the girls enjoyed it.

Shannon said...

So dog-gone cute! Sammy went to the apple orchard on the bus and the bus ride was by far the best part for him. Cracks me up!

Susan said...

They are adorable! Glad you got to enjoy that time with them. I can't wait for our trip to the pumpkin patch. I just hope Davis doesn't get bit by a pig at the petting area again!