Sunday, November 22, 2009

Always listen to your mother

We spent our Saturday morning with the boys next door, which is always a fun time. We had planned to take the kids to the park, but the kids had other ideas.

I guess taking rides in a wagon that is hooked to Evan's 4- wheeler is much more fun than going to the park.

We took a long walk with the kids and Evan showed us some of their favorite hiking spots. It was a cool, crisp morning and we tried to bundle up the kids as best as we could, but nobody ever listens to their mother so the hats, gloves, and scarfs were thrown off half way there.


The girls playing "follow the leader" with Evan. He loves being the older and wiser kid in the group!

After lots of scaring their mothers half to death thinking they were going to roll down the hill moments, we convinced the kids into walking back home. Of course, Evan and Lissy found each other.




And then the girls found the puddles. We had managed to avoid them for the most part on the way there. On the way back it was a totally different story. Since nobody ever listens to their mother they stomped and splashed without any thought about falling INTO the puddles. Believe me, I warned them.


Here are the last puddles on our way out to the street and of course, this is where the girls met their match. I didn't get any pictures of them actually falling into the puddles because I was too busy telling them "I told you so."


Makena was soaking wet, but still managed to ride her bike home crying the whole way.





This video only captures a small part of the chaos that was our walk back home. Fun times!

10 comments:

loren said...

OMG, when she sniffed her shirt at the end, I was cracking up. EW! LOL

Anonymous said...

hehehe I was cracking up! Glad they had a good day.. maybe next time they will listen ;-)

Jessica said...

I love that you got that on video..Too funny! I knew the girls next door would love the trail and one of our fav spots, even if us Mommy's almost had many anxiety attacks with all the puddles and slippery rocks. Great post!! We love that our pals are right next door.

Anonymous said...

I love that she keeps smelling it. LOL

Annie said...

It was a fun day for them. I like all the pictures.

Have a wonderful week.

PS: I have a giveaway on my blog, if you want to check it.

Jen said...

Yup, one should always listen to their mother!

girlytwins said...

Love it! You are so great with messy fun activities. I am so not that fun mom LOL.

That video was so cute.

debi9kids said...

LOL! Giggling at her smelling her shirt. Too funny!

(looks like it was still quite fun though, tears and all...)

Michelle said...

LOL! Oh the puddles will jump out and get you when you least expect it.

Hilary said...

A girl after my own heart!! Happy Turkey Day!! :)