Friday, July 6, 2007

Hand the food to mommy please....

This has become my new mantra during meals with the girls. Why? Because they would rather pelt me on the back of the head with their food than hand it to me nicely if they don't want to eat it. I also recognize that my tone of voice and attitude starts off sounding very much like Mary Poppins...."Hand the food to mommy please." But after I've been beaned numerous times on the head with chunks of rice, meat and veggies while bending over to retrieve sippy cups, spoons or forks that have been tossed on the floor, my voice closely resembles Joan Crawford from Mommy Dearest...

"HAND THE FOOD TO MOMMY PLEASE!!!!!"


I might as well give them rotten tomatoes, paint a target on my back, and stand there and take it like a woman.

Honestly, it really is hard not to laugh with them when I have food flying at me. I am the adult and I really should have learned by now not to bend over in front of the highchairs. But sometimes, I forget who I'm dealing with and one of the little monkeys starts it and the other two can't help but join in.

If you see me outside, hacking down the rose bushes in the middle of the night, call for help. I've most likely suffered a concussion from a sippy cup that was launched at my head with missile-like precision and I'm doing my best Joan Crawford impression. If I have white cold cream on my face, you know I've really lost it.

4 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Dying....absolutely dying. Yesterday I decided to be nice and give Jacob some strawberry shake in the car. He started dripping so I turned around and said, "Jacob, what the heck are you doing?" My tone of voice was somewhere in between Mary Poppins and Joan Crawford, but on the Joan Crawford spectrim. He got so mad at me he chucked the shake right at my face. I seriously couldn't believe it, yet I couldn't stop laughing either. I never knew I had such a violent piglet!

Claremont First Ward said...

Have I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE your blog? I'm so glad I found it!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!!!I needed a laugh today..Thank You!!!

The Pruetz Family said...

You made me laugh out loud. I read this post to my family and they laughed too! "No thrown meatloaf...EVER!