Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Caught in the act

Makena was the last one to go to bed tonight, which means that she was left alone downstairs for a minute while I took her sisters upstairs to put them in bed.

She must have had it all planned out....as soon as I hit the stairs, she obviously made a beeline for the dishwasher, which she has learned makes the perfect stepping stool for finding out what is on the kitchen counter.

She found a perfectly good plastic stick that no longer has any formal use since the girls have destroyed the tent it was supposed to hold up and used it as a makeshift spoon. Genius! The container of sour cream that was still on the counter from dinner looked like a fabulous snack before bed.

Lucky for her, she can use all the calories she can get.




11 comments:

pam said...

mmmm, sour cream...an unusual, but worthy snack. tee hee!

Malena said...

Priceless is the word! Wow!
So, tell me, how do you leave the kids downstairs when you go upstairs. I am finding it increasingly hard to get a bathroom break, not really knowing where to put the kids. Well, I really only have their pack n plays as an option right now, and they'll all scream bloody murder in them...What did you do when yours were say 14 months and just started walking? Also, at what age will a kid sit on the couch without trying to throw themselves off the end of it - do you know what I mean? Sorry about the weird questions, I am just having some practical dilemmas right now...

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment! How precious, and enjoy every moment! Even the "not so good" moments. They will be grown before you know it! Your Friend in East Texas.

Laura said...

Too Funny! My girls are allergic to dairy so it would have no been good to eat sour cream. I have many a picture of them using the dishwasher as a stepping stool, too cute!

Laura said...

Oh and triplet mama I usually used highchairs (with a snack) for my bathroom breaks or the pack n play's no one ever made me feel like I had time to pee (LOL). I had to shower before my kids got up or it was nap time for me.

Claremont First Ward said...

Ummmmm........if that was my boys they'd be wiping their tongue off with a napkin! :) So cute. Gotta love her ingenuity!

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! The funny thing is I have visited your blog and you are actually in my favorites...hope that doesn't scare you.. :0) I love reading your blog, sorry I haven't commented before but from now on I'll make a point of saying hi. I love how you write and then cross out part of it ~ too funny!! Your girls are absolutely adorable!! One quick question...did your girls learn signs and do them, then the next day look at you as though they have no idea what your talking about??? That's kinda where I am. By the way I agree we have great taste!

My name is Tammie said...

Genius! So cute!

Joy said...

She is a genius!! I love that you have pictures to document it all! Hilarious! Thanks for your comments on my blog...you always make me feel so much better about this crazy journey we are on!

Anonymous said...

these are cute pics lol

Be Inspired Always said...

I think I would rather potty train a child than two chocolate lab puppies at the same time.... why did I volunteer for this? I must be crazy!

It's truely an adventure in my house that never ends.



Jillian