Sunday, September 23, 2007

The new "craze" in our house

Matchbox cars have landed in the house and the girls LOVE them! Lissy found some cars at my brother's house last weekend and carried them around with her all night, so I knew that we had to get her some of her own.

The first pack of 5 cars that I bought, didn't do the trick because Lissy, being the collector that she is, was SO upset when her sisters had one of the cars. She wasn't happy carrying around only 2 or 3 at a time.

Daddy came home with 10 more cars and a carrying case on Saturday afternoon. Lissy went into full-blown "watchdog" mode as she tried to supervise who got to play with what and when!

Steve and I were laughing at Lissy as she frantically tried to push her sisters hands away from the cars, saying "wait" over and over. We've never heard her say "wait" before, but when you're a triplet, "waiting" is an everyday occurrence since there is only one mommy to go around when you want something. I guess I say "wait" more that I think I do!


When asking her sisters to wait didn't work, Lissy decided to just sit on top of the cars hoping that would keep her sisters away.


Drill Sergeant Lissy handing out cars to her "troops."


Riley and Makena snuck in some extra time playing with the cars while Lissy was still napping!

3 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

Lissy you are too cute!! I love that picture of her sitting on the case! That is so funny to me.

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm happy to see that Lissy had her day and didn't get overpowered by her troops. Looks like so much fun.......a good reminder to make ours available to the twins in a few months. Bet daddy is loving this new love of matchbox cars, too!

Laura said...

I loved this post and story the pictures told! Lissy was so funny about the cars. I think its amazing to see how they all deal with having to share everything. Loved this post!