Friday, October 12, 2007

The apples don't fall far from the tree

We had a playdate tonight with 3 of my co-workers and their kids. The girls and I were the last to arrive and much to my surprise, they weren't the least bit timid or clingy during the evening. This is a HUGE change, especially for Alyssa, who has shown some major stranger anxiety over the last few months.

What was even funnier was that the girls spent the first 20 minutes huddled around the coffee table eating Chex mix while the other kids played around them. Ahhhh yes, it was quite clear that these kids are mine. The first thing you do when you go to a party is check out the snacks! I have taught them well.



Now we just need to work on keeping the snacks in our mouths or on our plates instead of dumping them all over the floor and then grinding them into the carpet.


After we enjoyed pizza with all of our new friends, Riley figured her chances of getting a cookie for dessert were much better if she called it a "nana" (as in banana). Girlfriend knows perfectly well the difference between a cookie and a banana but she kept the game up until I figured out she wanted a cookie. After Lissy saw Riley had scored a cookie she comes blazing back into the kitchen asking for her "coo-coo."

These girls have also inherited my love for all that is sweet. I hope my "little apples" never stray too far from their "mama tree."

2 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

LOL!! That is so funny to picture.

Sister went through a really ugly social anxiety phase and I thought for sure she was going to be socially stunted because of it. Nope. She is my most social now. Its funny how those things work out.

Claremont First Ward said...

You always make me laugh out loud.....or should I say your re-telling of the girls antics make me laugh out loud.