Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

We made our first trip out to the pumpkin patch last weekend and the girls had a blast! They got a good workout trying to lift all of the pumpkins and throw them into our wagon...luckily we only came home with 6 small pumpkins.

The petting zoo was a big hit until Steve realized the girls were picking up goat poop and trying to feed it to the animals. At least they weren't trying to feed it to each other. Lissy had no fear and walked right up to the goats trying to feed them acorns!

On the way out, they have this cute little sign where you can take your child's picture and it shows how tall they are. We'll have to take them back every year to show how much they have grown. The pictures this year actually look like mugshots...hopefully we'll get some smiles next year.


Makena striking a pose

Riley tries to pull her sissies in the wagon

The best group photo I could get...



I had to stop the girls from emptying the entire bin of pumpkins all over the ground






Lissy the goat whisperer

Makena was so happy to find a pumpkin just her size!

Makena ( she wasn't standing up straight...oh well)

Lissy

Riley (the tallest of the trio)

7 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Casey,
You have such a great knack for throwing things out there that send readers like me into fits. I'm seriously (and not for the first time, as you know) dying about the goat poop. You are so great about seeing the silver lining. Petting zoos are firmly banned from my children. My husband just won't allow it.......because they are dirty. Now I have a good reason to agree with him that petting zoos might not be the best idea. ha ha.

Claremont First Ward said...

I forgot to mention how adorable the pumpkin pictures are!

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures.....looks like the weather was beautiful for this outing! Your girls are adorable! Thank you for sharing them!

My name is Tammie said...

Eh, whats a little goat poo for lunch. ;) Ewww! Those girls are so stinkin' cute! I love them!

Rachel said...

So cute, I love going to the pumpkin patch and getting pictures!! That's funny about the goat poop, I could so see one of mine doing that...

Kiley said...

It seems as though the girls really enjoyed themselves and of course they looked adorable! That is too funny about the goats...I'm sure they didn't have any takers on the poo poo snacks:) None the less, what a fun family tradition to start with the girls. Best wishes.

Kiley Schnarr
Mom to Logan, Brooke, and Chase

Joy said...

Such adorable pictures!!! I love that you can go back every year to measure their size. I wonder if they will be as interested in the goat poop next year??? :)