We are officially making the move to one nap in our house...at 26 months of age, I think it's time! Today was our first day and the girls did take a good nap, between 2 to 2 3/4 hours. Tonight, they were all in bed by 7:30, which is about an hour earlier than usual. Riley was definitely crankier than normal, so I am hoping it won't take the girls too long to adjust.
I have never pushed the girls into doing anything and have always waited until they were good and ready before trying new things...like trying rice cereal, baby food, switching to sippy cups, moving to one nap. Guess it's all just part of my laid-back personality...I am the equivalent of a chocolate chip cookie, ya know!
I've never been a big fan of change...so don't be surprised if the girls are in diapers when they're 4 and still living at home way past 18.







10 comments:
I take the same approach to parenting as you do. I think being able to roll with the punches and just relax is essential. You can tell I'm laid back about things because my twins still have their bottles. I've tried to take them away twice and it was terrible, so if they still want bottles at 8 I'll give them rotten milk or something. ha ha.
Hey, what's this new option that says, email follow up comments to (my email address?) I checked it, so I guess I'll soon see.
Angie lets try it.
Casey that is such a sweet picture! They have changed so much. If your kids are still in diapers at 4 they will be in good company. ;)
This is a cool new feature. I get an email notification for each additional comment on this post. Looks like I'm going to start having more email. LOL.
When you described your napping situation I sensed they were ready for the one nap, but more for you sake than theirs. I just liked switching because my girls were more tired and slept longer at the same time! More predictable! As for diapers, I have said this before... they are under-rated, taking toddlers potty stinks. Cute picture.. the girls have grown tremendously!
Angie-Tammie-and Laura,
So glad I am in good company. You ladies are awesome and I always look forward to getting your comments.
Angie- on a stranger note, I had a dream about you last night that you were pregnant (30wks) and in the hospital on mag and I came to visit you! How funny is that?
I feel the same way---I never try and force my boys to do something they are not ready for. The way I see it, they will all sleep through the night, eat solids, nap for more than 1 hour when they are ready! :)
Casey,
(and Tammie and Laura) I totally love your comments too. It's always fun to read what you've written. I don't know if I told you that I had my tubes tied while they were "in there" taking the twins. I still have dreams all the time that I'm pregnant though, too. The dream always goes something like this: I'm in the hospital and they are putting the heartrate toggles on....A, B, C, D, E, I think to myself in the dream, "I'm having quads? WHAT?" and then I wake up and think, that would be quints, you moron! :)
I agree with all of you!!! They'll do things when they are good and ready. I've tried taking the bottles twice now too.... SO NOT FUN!!! We're finally down to 2 a day ... it's an improvement!! :) Oh well!
As for the naps.. way to go Casey!! It's so hard the first few days. Like anything with multiples they will adjust.. you just have to stick it out. I know, I know, easier said than done sometimes (especially when they're all screaming). It took us 3 solid days to get the swing of the "one nap" schedule. I thought I was going to loose my mind. But seriously... once they got used to it... it was AMAZING!!! I've had to be tough and let them cry it out at times... hard for me to do... but it works. Hang in there. It's done wonders for our household! They will let you know if it's not time yet. :)
Oh.. and sometimes if they wake up too early, I just go in, give them kisses and walk back out. They go right back to sleep most of the time. .. it's worth a try. :)
Have a great weekend!
XOXO
Gen McNulty
mcnultyquads.blogspot.com
Gen
What a sweet picture!! I'm the relaxed mama too. They are only young once. My older two didn't take bottles after a year the twins are 13months and going strong with their bottles. I think it's cute seeing them with their bottles so I'm not planning on taking them anytime soon.
Flexibility is key I think...so no worries! I too watch for my little ones cues to adjust their schedules/routines and so far it has worked beautifully. Keep up the good work. Good luck on the one nap a day! Here's to three happy ladies;)
Post a Comment