I started this post last night about random things the girls are saying these days, but have to cut it short because I have a barfer on my hands. Lissy has a flu bug that hit her when she woke up from her nap today. She threw up a couple of times before I got home from work and then christened me with vomit as soon as I walked in the door. Poor girl wanted to eat snacks and dinner despite her disagreeable stomach and managed to keep a little down. Let's hope this doesn't spread through the house. Anyone know of a good carpet cleaner or home remedy to get the barf smell out of the carpet? The Resolve carpet cleaner I have is doing a HORRIBLE job of masking the smell.
And onto the random toddler talk..............
As the girls are starting to talk in sentences and expand their vocabularies, sometimes I am surprised at the things they say. And of course, I am realizing just how much they repeat things they hear from the adults around them. A new phrase in the house is "Oh my gosh!"
Yesterday after dinner it was time to throw my dirty girls in the bathtub so I opened the gate at the bottom of the stairs and holler that it is bathtime. The girls come running with Riley in the lead. She heads up the stairs and then stops and looks back down at us and says, "Come on kids!"







12 comments:
I so hope everyone gets a good night of sleep, and that it doesn't spread. Poor Lissy!!
Many prayers that the flu resolves rapidly and before getting anyone else. In the meantime, a NICU nurse just told me days ago to prepare for throwup by investing in vinegar...a lot of it. She swears by a mix of 1/2 vinegar, 1/2 water. Start by absorbing all the mess you can. Pour the vinegar - water mixture over the soiled area and after a few minutes, blot dry. I've not had to use this...yet... I have heard elsewhere too though that vinegar is a natural odor eater. Good luck to you all.
Love the toddler talk and the pool fun in the post below! I can't wait to get our inflatable pool out for the boys. It is way too hot here already to not be out in the pool everyday! Hope everyone feels better soon! :)
Ashley
You might try Tech Stain Remover. It has worked wonders for us. It even gets Poly-Vi-Sol out of clothes and we couldn't find anything that did that. Good luck!
are they fussy? three little ones talking at the same time... I can not imagine
I hope lissy gets well soon
arm and hammer pet odor in a can works wonders!
Poor Lissy! I hope it doesn't spread!!!!! OMGosh!!! :)
On another note.. thanks for the laugh! I needed a smile today and knew just where to find it! I love those sweet toddler phrases! So darn cute!
XOXO
Gen
This is the age when they start really mimicking what they hear...and with three, holy cow! You are going to have to watch it!
That said, I LOVE toddler talk. That's an advantage of three. Three times the blog fodder! I bet you could post just on that once a week or more! So fun!
Sorry about the sickie. So hope it doesn't spread!!
You have to keep documenting what they say! It is the best, even just a year later to look back and chuckle. I swore I would never forget this stuff but it is completely gone. Mainly because I'm convinced I get dumber everyday.
so cute...the phrases they are saying not the other stuff, that too hit our house 4 out of 6 got it. no fun. didn't last long...praying passes quickly for you as well.
Oh no! I hope everyone is better now. I totally feel your pain. Man do I hope it is short lived for you guys.
Toddler talk is the best. Thats nice of them to let you know the difference in your booties :)
I hope the bug passes quickly. That is not a fun time for anyone.
Post a Comment