Riley and Makena get mistaken for each other every once in awhile. I’ve done it even when they are standing right in front of me. Alyssa does this all the time and it cracks me up. When she looks at pictures of the three of them, she will point and say “Two Ri-Ri’s”
Riley is now letting people know who is who. Yesterday, I was helping Alyssa go potty and I closed the bathroom door to prevent her nosy sisters from unraveling the roll of toilet paper and splashing a gallon of water from the sink onto the floor while I was busy helping Alyssa. When I closed the door, Makena was standing at the door trying to get back in. A few seconds later, the banging starts. Pound-Pound-Pound! Pound-Pound-Pound! In my calmest mommy voice (yeah right), I asked Makena to stop banging on the door and reminded her we would be out in a minute.
Get it straight mom.... "This Ri-Ri"
Riley is now letting people know who is who. Yesterday, I was helping Alyssa go potty and I closed the bathroom door to prevent her nosy sisters from unraveling the roll of toilet paper and splashing a gallon of water from the sink onto the floor while I was busy helping Alyssa. When I closed the door, Makena was standing at the door trying to get back in. A few seconds later, the banging starts. Pound-Pound-Pound! Pound-Pound-Pound! In my calmest mommy voice (yeah right), I asked Makena to stop banging on the door and reminded her we would be out in a minute.
From the other side of the door I hear, “This Ri-Ri”
I wonder how long it will take them to figure out they can blame things on each other?
Get it straight mom.... "This Ri-Ri"







9 comments:
Ooh, that's dangerous territory!!!
I've got a good story about mistaken identities, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow! ;)
BTW, are you having problems with nasty comments? Just curious, what with the comment mod enabled.
Aw. They will love and hate that both as they grow up I am sure.
Dont you hate the whole three in the bathroom thing? OMG its the hardest part of the whole potty training thing in my mind. Drives me insane.
Three times in one night - is that a record? I'm not stalking you. Just thought I'd tell you that I mentioned you over at my site for Pay It Forward Friday.
Loren,
With your 3 being identical, I bet there will be lots of mistaken identities in your house! Can't wait to hear the story:)
That is so funny!!
Given that I still can't tell my sister's boys apart and they are almost 5, I am POSITIVE I would never get your girls right. They look SO much alike to me in pictures.
For now, Ben and Jeff still tell dorky Aunt Cecily who they are, but I'm sure they a)have messed with me and told me the opposite before and b)will do that often in the future when they come to visit.
Are your girls not identical? If they aren't, what the heck is wrong with me? How long have I been reading your blog and I still think they look exctly the same???
My boys still tell the truth, too. I love it when someone calls them the wrong name and they correct them......
do all parents af twins have this problems?
on the phone, I always ask first: is it ar or ir?
they sound the same!
Post a Comment