Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Girls Trip 2008

This past weekend, I was lucky enough to take a mini-vacation with my best girlfriends. It was a long overdue trip and as always, we enjoyed every minute of each other's company.

Jessica is the free-spirited girl in our group. She's always up for an adventure, loves to try new things and start new traditions that we can build memories on. She has always been the yin to my yang. When she's running out the door without her wallet, keys and cell phone, I am right behind her making sure she has what she needs to get where she needs to go.

Ly is the ultimate care-taker and mother hen. She always makes sure everyone is fed and happy and thinks about the little things that will make the day go just a little smoother. She's fiercely protective of her friends and will go out of her way to help a friend who needs her.

We visited beautiful Lake Tahoe and tried to squeeze in as much fun as possible in our short 2 night stay. We went to see Sex and the City (which we loved), enjoyed mimosas in the middle of the day, and ate as much as we wanted.

Every great trip deserves a great theme song. So when we unexpectedly found ourselves at Cabo Wabo Cantina on Sunday night dancing the night away, the perfect song for our weekend trip blasted through the speakers and will always remind me of this trip!

I love you girls!



12 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like so much fun! Great girl friends are a really big blessing. I need to plan another girls weekend... I am feeling rather jealous :)

Glad you got to go and just feel like you (with no responsibilities). It's pretty amazing to come to your little ones after that kind of break!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Looks like you had a blast! :)

Ashley

Anonymous said...

There was a group of quad families that also visited Lake Tahoe this past weekend

Hilary said...

I am glad that you got away for a girl's weekend!! Looks like everyone had a great time :) Good luck on potty training too...Have a happy 4th of july

Rachel said...

looks like you had a great time...good for mommy's to have their time away and come back missing their babies and totally refreshed! i think it is so awesome that you got to get away with your best girlfriends.

Jessica said...

Awwww..you made me teary! I am already looking forward to our next girls weekend:)..
Love ya,
:)

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so jealous. So jealous. But happy that you had such a great weekend away! :)

The McNulty Family said...

Man Casey!
Wish you coulda met up with the girlies and me! Next time mama! We sure missed you.. but from the looks for it.. you had a blast!

Girlfriends are the BEST!

XOXO
Gen

K said...

I'm glad you all had such a great time!! Looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like it was so much fun. My best girlfriend lives 5 hours away. :(

Anonymous said...

I am so gratful to have you and jessica for all these years.. I am glad we finally went away.. we will always be sista.. love you,ly

My name is Tammie said...

You guys are so beautiful! I am so glad you had a good time. You deserved it!!!