Thursday, June 12, 2008

Photo Story Friday


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



This picture is very special to me because it is our first family picture taken on October 31, 2005. The girls were 10 weeks old and the nurses dressed them up in their tiny Halloween onesies so we could take a picture together. Makena (closest to me) weighed 3 pounds 14 ounces, Riley (in the middle) weighed 3 pounds 10 ounces and Alyssa (in stripes) was a whopping 4 pounds 14 ounces. The girls were becoming more stable at this stage in their NICU stay and were about a week away from being co-bedded.

Looking back at pictures always makes the memories flood back, but it also seems as if it was a lifetime ago. Our girls have come so far.

31 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

That is so touching. Some days I miss the little baby stages and others I am glad to be out of that, but looking at pictures like that makes my heart ache just a little bit.

Laura said...

Love love love this picture. I love seeing how far they have come. It makes it more of a celebration for who they are now when you know what amazing girls they are and will be. They are miracles and I am so glad to have found you. I love hearing about them. My hospital had a strict policy of no co-bedding. So sad...

Cecily R said...

Oh, that is so sweet!! I can't believe how tiny and tough they were! They really are amazing little growing all the time miracles.

I LOVE that you are PSFing with us!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE these early pictures........shows what a journey you've travelled in less than 3 short years.

Anonymous said...

This is so incredibly precious!

Head Gaggler said...

That is sooo beautiful. Look at how teeny tiny they are. How precious.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

WOW. WOW. WOW. That is so amazing. What beautiful children. I just love this shot, it melts my heart. And thanks for playing PSF - this was perfect!

United Studies said...

What a beautiful family you have!!

Suzanne said...

awww...they SURE have, casey! i just love yall's story and what a darling first fam photo! you are such an inspiration and a great mommy! much love to you and happy friday!!!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

What beautiful children!! I cannot begin to imagine being a mother to triplets. You're a strong woman!

Pam said...

Yes time does go by so fast. They are just adorable little girls, you have been so blessed! Your friend in East Texas, Pam.

Shannon said...

Casey, that photo is absolutely precious. I was just thinking the same thing about my girls the other day. How did those tiny, fragile babies become these big strong toddlers. It is incredible! Thank you for sharing this special family moment.

Upward Falling Autumn said...

So sweet! Makes you appreciate the milestones!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i adore that picture of the 5 of you. and it brings back so many memories for me. sometimes the nicu seems so far away and yet it stills feel so incredibly close at the same time. it is so wonderful to see how well your little ones are doing now...it is encouraging to see how far they have come!

Cindy said...

wow, beautiful picture. They have come so far!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Awwwww they are so cute and tiny! What a nice story to accompany the beautiful 1st family photo.

Don Mills Diva said...

It really is incredible to think how far they have come - you have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Love those mini-babies!

loren said...

I agree with Laura completely - the picture is even more amazing to see how far the girls have come!

I had a sudden realization when I looked at that photo and started thinking of the NICU days...

I don't think Mike and I ever took a family photo until the girls were several months old. Not one picture of all of us together. How aweful is that?!? I wasn't ready for the parenting thing apparently if I forgot something like that!

Dana said...

It's amazing how little they once were and how much they went through during those times. Such a beautiful picture of the family.

McMommy said...

Oh my goodness...you are like my very own Jon & Kate plus 8!

Your girls are miracles and that picture must be so special!

Looking forward to reading more from your blog!

Joy said...

Wow, Casey! What an incredible beautiful photo and a truly miraculous story! I am constantly inspired by your girls and how far they have come. I can only imagine how much you cherish that photo after 10 weeks of patiently waiting to take a picture as a family. Happy Father's Day to your family and thank you for sharing your story with us! Hugs!!!

Gina said...

This is such an awesome picture. What an amazing story you have. Your girls are gorgeous.

Jessica said...

Isn't it crazy to think they were so smakk and fragile:). What a special pic..and how in the world did you remember the date and all those details about the pic? Again..totally impressed by my BF.

Anonymous said...

So sweet. A priceless memory!

Heather said...

Totally astounding to look back. And wow, do those girls look like their daddy!

latree said...

beautiful tiny ones...
I held my breath for seconds looking at the pictures.
so thankful they've grown up so healthy....

Casey's trio said...

Jess,

You know my memory stinks! Luckily, I labeled the picture in my photo folder as our first family picture and I had to check my NICU journal for the weights. There is no way I have those facts efficiently filed in my lame brain!

LingoVise Says... said...

three so very teeny bundles. wow. wonderful story, thanks for sharing :)

tiarastantrums said...

wow - delicious babies!

girlytwins said...

I still get tears in my eyes whenever I read about NICU stories. That is such a wonderful picture of your family. Isn't it crazy to think it took 10 weeks to get all 5 of you together. I think it was 3 weeks for us and that seemed like an eternity.