Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We had lots of fun on Friday celebrating the 4th of July.
The day started off with a parade.

In the wagon and ready to roll!

Aunt Jodi and the girls

Apparently plaid shorts are in this year? Or maybe the guys called each other in the morning to coordinate their outfits.

"Look at my candy mama!"

-Alyssa

Mama and her girls (Alyssa still showing off her candy)

The Bressington Crew


After the parade, we headed out to the neighborhood carnival where the girls found the jumpy houses and ate hotdogs. They got all tired out and came home for a 3 hour nap! We spent the evening barbequeing with the neighbors.

The daddies

The kiddos eating dinner

Makena and Riley made their own table for two.

Mama with a wet Lissy-bear

Mmmm...Riley likes her ice cream

Mama and her girls (as the fireworks "show" was starting)

Daddy having fun with fire and explosives


Nope, the girls weren't big fans of the fireworks
(Makena on the left, Riley on the right)


Maybe if we hide it won't be so bad....


Let's try a blanket. Does that make the fireworks go away?
And where's Lissy? Has anyone seen her?


Lissy hiding behind Auntie Jessica and the boys. She actually did get used to the fireworks and by the end of the show she was asking for more!

Based on the girls reactions to the rinky-dinky fireworks show that the daddies put on, we skipped the big show this year! Hopefully, the girls will enjoy it more a year from now.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe that pic of Lissie behind me. I swear I was not sitting on her..We had so much fun! New traditions, love them!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Well, I guess it's a good thing you skipped the big show! I thought my girls would be scared this year, but luckily they were ok with it. I hope your girls are better next year. The plaid shorts thing was the same thing I was thinking when the picture popped up! I secretly think they called one another to coordinate their outfits.....lol. Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like SO much fun!

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty good 4th this year. Glad to hear it!

My name is Tammie said...

So so so cute!!! I love Ri's glasses. I know I always say that but I think they are just so adorable!!!

The McNulty Family said...

I love Riley's glasses! Dr. Farrell just told me that Ally is gonna need them too! Anyway, she looks too cute for words.

Those girls just get more and more beautiful EVERYDAY. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Glad you had a great 4th. I tried so hard to keep our kids up for fireworks.. but they passed out long before. Gotta love it!

Love you guys!
xoxo
Gen

Anonymous said...

How fun! zOMG! Riley in her glasses was like looking at myself when I was her age ;-)

Heather said...

I love the 4th! Looks like you guys had an awesome day. Great pictures!

Gallagators said...

I had the "bright" idea of taking Patrick to see fireworks. It was the worst idea I've ever had ;) He was so scared we were afraid he was going into shock!
He too got to a point where he liked them, once he was in the car, and we were leaving the park :) so we pulled over and watched some from the car, then headed home before the traffic.
Looks like you all had a really fun day!

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really do have so much fun taking pictures of all the children that I love so very much.

loren said...

Happy belated 4th!

All three of the girls were just as unsure of the fireworks this year, hiding, blanket and all. I'm guessing it was because, unlike last year, we were at a backyard display which is closer, louder and so much scarier.

I love the pic of the plaid shorts!

Anonymous said...

I don't know weather to laugh or be sad at the girls scared of the fireworks. My friend has twins and one was ok with the fireworks show one freaked out and was shaking like crazy. But at the end he said in his best big boy voice (he's almost 3) that I wasn't scared, I'm not a chicken. It was so funny. Looks like you had a fun day. We spent the day at the Ports ballpark where Jordan played a double header and we tailgated all day.