Sunday, August 3, 2008

Energizer bunny


I'm always looking for ways to keep the girls busy and get some of that crazy toddler energy out. On an afternoon at home recently, Makena was running around in her t-shirt, Elmo undies, socks and shoes. Girlfriend had energy to BURN.

She was like a cross between Richard Simmons and Olivia Newton John.





I found her sweatin' to the oldies on the trampoline.

Woopsa-daisy. One jump too many. Get up girlfriend! I know you've got more energy to burn.

When jumping got old, she hopped on her tricycle and did laps around the kitchen.

And then it was time for some musical entertainment to wind things down.


I get tired just looking at the girl run circles around me.

Is it naptime yet?

23 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

Nice get up girlfriend has going on. Quite an outfit. I hear ya with the energy, I can't wait until its Fall again and I can take these demons out to the part!

Jessica said...

Ahh that is too funny..Yes if we could only have Makey Jo's energy for a day:)..

loren said...

hahahaha!!! Get that girl some leggings! I'm glad to see my child is not going to be the only rebel rockstar of the bunch, by the way.

Karol said...

lol...my 2 yr old loves to do laps around the living room. we could seriously make a killing by bottling up that energy!

*congrats on the saucy blog!

Jen said...

Hilarious! She is just too cute. I tell you what, I am very scared when I have three 3 year olds running circles around me. Watching my one is enough, I can't image what 3 will be like. I think I will be the one that needs the nap.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

that post exhausted me! i agree with tammie, the first thing i thought was, great outfit! :)

K said...

The picture of her on the trampoline cracks me up!

Casey's trio said...

Oh my gosh Loren...I totally forgot about my Coutney Love comment on your blog. Don't let our girls get together. We might have the next "Hole" goin' on.

Shannon said...

Fabulous! All she needs is a cool pair of leg warmers and she's good to go. An informercial is calling her name. Hysterical...as always!

Kelly said...

So funny! It is sooo hot here and unless we are swimming I just wanna faint!

Claremont First Ward said...

You're killing me. Killing me. :)

CHELZERS said...

Hilarious! I totally agree about the naptime part...I am ALWAYS waiting for naptime! :D

Cecily R said...

The cross between Richard Simmons and ONJ made me laugh outloud. Maybe because I FINALLY have the perfect way to describe Gracie at 2 AM!!

So, where are Makena's awesome leg warmers? She needs some!!

Mary Franks said...

You take some of the greatest pictures. I love the one on the trampoline.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.....this blog is ooozing with cuteness....as is this post!!!!

That girl is gonna be in every sport when she gets to highschool!!!

Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Hilary said...

That's funny!!!! I understand the boundless energy! We've got a crazyone on our hands too..somedays I wonder where he stores all his energy :)

carrhop said...

So cute!! Love the trampoline pics!

Enjoying reading your blog--time to get another cup o' decaf and read some more!
Blessings!

Cindy said...

I love the olivia newton john! Cute pictures...I wish I had that much energy!

girlytwins said...

I'd love half her energy. Go get um girl. I hope she took a great nap :)

loren said...

Casey - That's a terrifying thought!!! :) Courtney Love scares the crap outta me.

The McNulty Family said...

Holy cow girlfriend!!!

Love it Casey. I wish we bottle that toddler energy.. we'd make millions!!!

Thanks for the smiles.. as always. Can't wait to hang out VERY soon!!!!

Hey, wanna go to the zoo or something next week????

Love you guys!
XOXO
Gen

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

I wish I could borrow some of that energy. too cute!

SabrinaT said...

I only have 1 2 year old and I need that trampoline!