Saturday, August 30, 2008

Weekend flashback

Kat over at Mama's Losin It gave a writing assignment on Wednesday (yeah, I'm a couple of days late) to write about a favorite toy that we had growing up. It took me a couple of days to think about one of my cherished childhood toys, but here ya go!

I used to have a pink record player that I LOVED! But even better, is one of the very first vinyl records that I owned. I listened to this song over and over again on my little pink record player.

"Elvira" by the Oakridge Boys (1981). It doesn't get much better than this. And if you don't remember this song, you have to promise to listen until atleast 1 minute and 8 seconds into this video clip. You can thank me later.


14 comments:

Casey's trio said...

C'mon people, sing it with me
M-boppa M-boppa M-boppa maow maow!

Jen said...

That was awesome. I had not heard the song before but that video just cracked me up. Thanks

loren said...

Giddyup a mboppa mboppa mow mow....

That's funny stuff

forever folding laundry said...

I LOVED that song as well! We must be around the same age. =) I'm glad I stumbled across your blog...I'm a N. CA girl too!

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh my gosh. I THANK you. That is the BEST. I used to listen to Puttin' on the Ritz.....I should have been listening to that. Giddyup a mboppa....:)

Mary Franks said...

OMG I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. You just don't know.

Jessica said...

I am singin along..Hey weren't we singing this song yesterday?? I miss my record player too!

Casey's trio said...

Jess,
Yes my friend, this song came to me yesterday and that's when I had my flashback to childhood!!

Jaime said...

What a blast! That's hilarious:)

Jaime Ann said...

Loved that song...I worshiped barry manilow and huey lewis back in those days

girlytwins said...

So funny. As soon as I read your post I heard M-boppa M-boppa M-boppa maow maow in my head. Hilarious. I totally remember my sister & I singing that song to death.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I remember it, and I actually heard it on the radio the other day!
So I didn't subject myself to the video. ha ha!

Shannon said...

Love it!

Laurie said...

That is hysterical. I used to listen to the came song over and over!!!