Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ladybugs and Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies

I had to share one last picture of my ladybugs that I snapped last night. I consider it a successful picture when all 3 are looking at the camera and 2/3 are smiling! Notice the plastic pumpkins that they have to collect their candy in. After Alyssa's fit on Thursday morning, I found these at Safeway for $2.00 each. I'm hoping next year they will be in love with the super cute personalized bags that were lovingly given to them as a 1st birthday gift.


So we are off to a playdate today with Auntie Jessica and The boys next door, Auntie Ly and her kiddos and some old friends from highschool and their kids. It should be lots of Halloween Hangover fun! I was in charge of making sugar cookies that the kids could decorate and I wanted to share this fantastic recipe. Trust me, you will not be able to eat just one cookie.


1 cup of sugar
1 cup of butter
3 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 cups flour



Combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond extract, vanilla and egg yolk. Blend well. Stir in flour and mix well ( I use an electric hand mixer). Chill dough overnight ( I put my dough in foil).

When you are ready to bake, take dough out of the refirgerator or freezer and allow it to soften. Roll out dough with rolling pin. (Use flour on hands, cutting board, and rolling pin to prevent dough from sticking to surface) and cut out cookies using your favorite cookie cutters.
Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes.

27 comments:

Laura said...

The girls really are cute. I totally understand what you mean about successful pictures. If one twin is looking and smiling I am totally happy. Three would be impossible!

The recipe sounds so yummy. Wish I could come and try some. I find that I don't like baking at all... but I love eating the treats!

Mandy said...

My hubby LOVES sugar cookies. I will have to give these a try. Your girls look so sweet.

Malena said...

Thanks for the recipe, I just copied it from you. The girls looked so precious in the pictures, and thanks for sharing the pumpkin bag tantrums....I've had a few of those already and I'm sure there will be plenty more...

Jen said...

that looks like a great recipe, I am going to have to try that one. Hayden and I love to make cookies together.

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

What cute little ladybugs! Looks like a pretty successful picture. Happy Halloween

Jessica said...

We had so much fun..and the cookies were AMAZING!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Ah, the girls are adorable! Those cookies sound great.

Happy Campers said...

Your girls look just adorable in their costumes :)

Kelly said...

Good taste in costumes...I had a ladybug fairy too!

mommaof4wife2r said...

those are some of the cutest lady bugs i have seen in a long time! and please, pass the cookies!

Heather said...

Absolutely darling ladybugs! I hope you get to keep dressing them alike for a long, long time because I totally dig it! And I'm also digging the cookies. I'm a cookie fanatic!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Such Cute little bugs! I have to try the recipe! I am a sucker for anything with cream cheese!

Jaime said...

Definitely a successful picture! Way cute! And the recipe sound yummy:)

tiarastantrums said...

great shot of the girls! I so just bought a tub of sugar dough to make cookies!!

Susan said...

They look precious in their ladybug fairy costumes!
Thanks for the recipe.

By the way, you looked great in your costume too.

Genny said...

What a cute picture! And I love making sugar cookies with the kids too. It destroys the kitchen, by the time we are done with frosting and sprinkles, but it's worth it. :)

Kim said...

I was just thinking about making sugar cookies. I'll have to try your recipe out. It is almost impossible to get a great picture with the girls both looking and if my niece is there too, forget it.

CHELZERS said...

That's a great picture! What cute costumes!
You have won a bloggy award. Check my blog out for more info! :)
-Chels

Claremont First Ward said...

Are the cookies as moist as they sound?

girlytwins said...

Super cute lady bugs! I can't even get my two girls to look at the camera and seem like they are having fun, three would be impossible in my house :)

I will have to try those sugar cookies. I think my girls would love to decorate them.

Tara Bennett said...

Mmmmmm these truly look delicious! As my weight scale will tell you, I love anything with cream cheese in it! =)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good recipe to try. I have tried many and mine do not come out so good. Thanks for sharing! And your little bugs are precious!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

I'm making these cookies for the boys birthday party next weekend! I'll let you know what we think but they look GREAT!!

Ashley

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

About how many cookies does this make?

Casey's trio said...

Ashley,

If you are using a medium size cookie cutter the recipe should make about 24 cookies.

Leah said...

came from the SITS blog - your little ladybugs are adorable! :)

Stephanie said...

OOoOoOoO This looks yummy! I am going to use the cookie mix ASAP!!! :o)