Thursday, November 20, 2008

Writer's Workshop: The last time I laughed really hard...

Is it bad that the last time I laughed really hard was when Riley tripped over something and fell on her face? I know how horrible that sounds, but c’mon? Laughing when someone falls IS one of the highlights in life isn’t it?

Before you start thinking how horrible I am. She was fine. Really. The rug burn on her face healed in just a few days. Kidding. Sort of.

But she thought it was hilarious too. And so did her sisters. We all sat there and laughed at her with her for atleast 5 minutes. And it felt so good to laugh like that.

I hope someone falls today. Gosh darn karma. It’s going to be me isn’t it?


Go visit Mama Kat to see who else is playing.




35 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

(You know you're wrong for that! *giggles maniacally*)
Visiting from SITS (sorry I missed yesterday!) Cyber hugs!

Diane said...

I lost it when my daughter was about 18 months old and fell over and got stuck in the bushes outside a restaurant. I laughed so hard, I could barely even get her out. People gave me the stink eye, like I was a bad mommy! (She was fine, by the way... just stuck!) It's nice to know there are other 'bad' mommies out there! ;)

Diane said...

I lost it when my daughter was about 18 months old and fell over and got stuck in the bushes outside a restaurant. I laughed so hard, I could barely even get her out. People gave me the stink eye, like I was a bad mommy! (She was fine, by the way... just stuck!) It's nice to know there are other 'bad' mommies out there! ;)

Diane said...

Sorry about the double comment (I hate that!). Stupid Blogger.

Mandy said...

The men in my house (3) laugh EVERY time someone gets hurt. I mean a big belly laugh! Which gets me going and I just didn't get how males find that hilarious, well, they have rubbed off on me and I find myself laughing just as much now!

Jen said...

You are so right! There is nothing like laughing at someone when they fall...even if it is your daughter. Or your grandma! That's right! One of our favorite family memories is when my Grandma fell down. We still laugh about it to this day! Great post today!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

heehee...i never can help but break out into giggles when someone falls. well, as long as it isn't a serious injury. it would only be bad if she were crying and you were still laughing!

Melissa said...

I don't know why---but it IS funny when people fall.... even if it's your own family!! :)
Hey- if you do fall today, you better tell us!! he-he

tiarastantrums said...

oh my - I always laugh when someone is hurt!! Why is that???

Rachel said...

casey your so funny...seriously your blog cracks me up. it's the little things right, if you don't laugh you'll cry. it's good to be able to laugh at yourself. your teaching your girls a great life lesson.

Michelle said...

Tee hee hee! We watch AFV every Sunday and the videos of people falling make me laugh the hardest.

Unknown said...

i laugh when my 3 1/2 month old bonks himself in the face with his own hand! showing some SITS love!

girlytwins said...

Too funny. I'm glad to hear she got as much out of it as you all did :)

My girls thin that even the smallest injury that mommy or daddy gets is hilarious. Fall dawn laughing funny.

Megan said...

lol, that was what my last time I laughed at was about. My husband missed a step and did the idiot dance trying to recover and not fall. It really shouldn't have been funny since he was holding my 1 year old, but it was. :)

Jaime said...

Heehee...this is hilarious! I laughed really hard 2 years ago when my mom (who should NEVER have attempted this!!) tried to go up a huge dirt hill on her bike and totally crashed!! I laughed the whole way home and again the next day telling my sibs about it! Isn't that awful?

Rachel Dominguez said...

You totally crack me up! Thanks for the laugh today!

Carrie and Jim said...

I fall all of the time so laughing at others is what I do to help myself feel better.

Jen said...

No that is not horrible at all. I do it all the time, even when they are crying ;)

Stacey said...

I am so bad when it comes to that. I practically bust a gut when someone falls/trips/otherwise hurts themselves in my presence. My first instinct is to laugh, then I apologize through my laughter and ask if they're OK. Then I continue giggling for the next 1/2 hour replaying the scene over and over in my head. I justify it by telling my friends that they laugh at me when I fall, so it's payback. ;o)

Scary Mommy said...

I do the same thing-- I just can't help it. It IS funny!!

My name is Tammie said...

LOL!!!! I would have laughed too. Yesterday I fell out of the van, yeah dont ask, and the kids and I all cracked up as I sat on my butt next to the van. Sometimes a good fall is funny!

{K} said...

That's funny! I'm glad she's okay!

KatBouska said...

Those are the best laughs!! I am always laughing at people injuring themsleves. Why is that funny??

Jenners said...

Stopping by on my tour of Mama Kat's writing assignment.

If laughing at someone falling wasn't hilarious, there would be no America's Funniest Home Videos!

Sometimes Sophia said...

When you know you shouldn't laugh and you can't help yourself... that's great stuff. Painful and hilarious... love it.

Claremont First Ward said...

I have this problem. Jeff always teases me that I don't think anything is funny unless someone is getting hurt. :)

Shannon said...

Falling is hysterical. Not sure why but it is. Its especially funny when the faller is ok. Rug burns make it even funnier I think.

Debbie said...

People getting minimally hurt always makes me laugh. Maybe there is a support group for people like us.

lemonologie said...

Congrats on your SITS day (a little late)! As someone who falls regularly, I'd be in serious trouble if I had not learned to laugh about it!

Kim said...

You're not the only one. Chloe wiped out and was crying so hard because, well I guess it hurt! But just seeing her legs fly up as she landed on her stomach was hilarious! We're only human!!! lol.

merc3069 said...

LOL I love this post and comments!

Anonymous said...

i just asked my husband last night when the last time was he laughed so hard he couldn't breath...its always good to have those times!

be sure to swing by my blog! we're having a giveaway!

Heather said...

That is too awesome. Why can't you be my next door neighbor and we could sit on the porch wishing enormous wipeouts on the poor passers-by!

Jen said...

ooo man, I need to get into the SITStas thing. I've checked them out, but not really stuck with it! You are overflowing with comments today! Anyway, just popped in to tell you I tagged you on my blog today. Have a great weekend!

Ronnica said...

Of COURSE it's funny. I don't get parents that are all over their child when the have a minor scrape. Kids are durable!