Thursday, January 29, 2009

Photostory Friday and Happy Birthday

Dad,
Thanks for all your love and support you have given us through the years. Craig and I were blessed with two wonderful parents who taught us by example not to sweat the small stuff. You make 60 look good!





I wanted to re-post some of my favorite childhood memories in honor of your birthday.

I have fond memories as a little girl driving around in your little yellow porsche...We'd honk at strangers--wave and laugh!

Playing baseball, hotbox, and basketball--We were always outside doing something.

Taking naps on the couch in the afternoon (both of us still have this habit)!

Waking up in the morning to music blaring in the living room
(Michael Jackson, Earth Wind & Fire...you name it).

Your love of music definitely rubbed off on us. And we are always up for a game of "Guess who sings this" when random songs come on the radio (sorry Jodi).

I loved to watch you dance on the linoleum floor in the kitchen (Bus Stop, Electric Slide).

Going for bike rides on warm summer days.

Going to the movies on HOT summer days and YOU would always fall asleep in the air-conditioned theater until you would snore and wake yourself up (ha-ha)!

I inherited your love of anything chocolate!

You always have such a great sense of humor and we love to laugh.

I always feel safe with you dad and am so lucky to have you.

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY DAD...WE LOVE YOU!



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

24 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

Oh that was so touching! Happy Birthday to him. He sounds wonderful. I can see why you are such a great person as well.

scrappysue said...

what a great PSF! happy 60th 'pops!!!'

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

How nice! Sounds like you've got a great dad! Happy birthday to him!

tiarastantrums said...

yes he sure does -

Maggie May said...

What a lovely post and a lovely family! Happy Birthday to Grandpa!

Bridget said...

what a sweet little post! Happy Birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I love the pictures - you've all got such nice big smiles.

Kim said...

That was really sweet! He sounds great! Happy birthday to your dad.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Happy Birthday! He's a handsome Daddy and I love that you have so many special memories. How sweet for the kids to have such a great papa!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Happy Birthday to one AWESOME Dad!!

Shannon said...

So sweet. You have quite a handsome daddy! What a beautiful birthday tribute.

Chris said...

If I make it to 60, I hope my daughters have such touching things to say about me.
Very nice.

Michelle said...

Great post in honor of your Dad. I love the picture of him with all the girls. So cute!

The McNulty Family said...

AHH CASEY! I loved that post!

Happy birthday to your sweet Dad and have fun celebrating!

I love you mama!
XOXO
Gen

latree said...

happy birthday to your dad :)
I also have a special bond with my dad, which is stronger than to mom..

Jen said...

what a beautiful post. I hope that your Dad has a great birthday.

WheresMyAngels said...

Happy Birthday to him!

Hope he isn't still blaring Michael Jackson!

Rebecca Jo said...

Nothing like a daddy!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to Hank! That's an awesome list of fun memories. Glad you got to enjoy some family time on Sat. I missed you this weekend.

girlytwins said...

What a great PSF! He sounds like such a wonderful dad. Those are some awesome memories. Happy birthday to your dad!

Claremont First Ward said...

Such a nice post about your dad, Casey. Great photos, too!

Jaime said...

He sounds like a wonderful father. Happy Birthday!!

Hank said...

Casey, thanks so much for honoring me on my 60th BD! I was touched by your comments on our memories that we will never forget. I am so proud of you and Craig for being such good parents for teaching and leading your children down the right path of life. Love Dad

Susan said...

He does make 60 look great!
It sounds like you have a very special relationship with your dad and that is certainly a blessing and a treasure.