Friday, February 13, 2009

Photostory Friday and The Zoo

We had a rain-free day last weekend and took advantage of the clear skies to get out of the house. The hardest part about winter is being cooped up in the house with toddlers full of energy!

One of the perks of our little zoo is the family of peacocks that roams the place freely. There were also plenty of roosters and chickens strutting their stuff too. The girls loved to find their feathered friends and point them out to us.


There is also a wildlife preserve that is fenced off in the middle of the zoo and there was a deer who couldn't get enough of the girls. He walked back and forth along the fenceline following the stroller.


The highlight of the trip for the girls was riding the little train just outside the zoo.

left to right: Alyssa, Makena, Riley


"Peek-a-boo mom!"
-Makena, trying to stay warm



"I'm ready for my close-up mom!"
-Alyssa


"Let's get this party started!"
-Riley


A rare family picture--I'm usually behind the camera!





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

20 comments:

Kris said...

Looks like a fun trip! Your girls look so happy in their train pictures!

And that family photo is great too

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day! Now that my girls are older we rarely go to the zoo. I kind of miss it. :)

Nicole said...

This is such a great picture of your family!

tiarastantrums said...

what a fun day!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love the peekaboo picture and the family one is wonderful! i can't wait to take the peaches to the zoo now that they are learning there animals! winter go away!

The McNulty Family said...

How fun!!!! I love all the pictures and the train is WAY cute!

Miss you guys TONS!!!!!

XOXO
Gen

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I'm glad the weather let you get to the zoo. We haven't been in months!

Great pictures, it's always nice to get the whole family in!

Malena said...

Love the family photo! Happy Valentines!

Cecily R said...

I love, LOVE your family picture!!

It always makes me laugh that the train is the big draw at a place with all those amazing animals...but it ALWAYS is!!

More Than Words said...

Great pictures! Looks like alot of fun!!!

Your kids are adorable!

The Blonde Duck said...

I have a strong urge to go see an elephant now... :)

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Love the family photo! You are all beautiful, and what a fun day!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh that looks like a blast to me. Your 3 girls just never cease to make me smile!

Susan said...

Love the family picture. They are rare around here too.
Glad you guys had a good time. We can't wait for warmer weather to hit the zoo.

Laura said...

Love the pictures. Your weather (rain and all) still looks glorious compared to snow and ice everywhere. I am SO tired of being inside all the time and having to shovel snow to go anywhere.

Rebecca Jo said...

those little faces always melt my heart

Chris said...

I love that peek-a-boo shot!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Cute family shot.

Jen said...

great family shot!

Bethany said...

It looks like everyone had a great day! The girls are so pretty :)