Friday, March 20, 2009

Photostory Friday and Optimism

My girls entered into this world in a cloud of optimism. Really, it's all I had. I was hospitalized 23 weeks into my pregnancy because of preterm labor. And I was lucky for the additional 13 days that medical intervention gave me to keep my girls in their warm, safe environment inside me just a little longer.

Once they were here, the statistics were grim. If they survived, it was likely that they would have medical, physical, and cognitive challenges that would hinder them for the rest of their lives.

But, I was always optimistic. Always. I choose to look at life with my glass half-full rather than half-empty.

We had our challenges and obstacles to overcome while the girls were in the NICU. Lots of scares and sleepless nights wondering if they would be okay, but those positive thoughts were always there.

And three years later, my girls continue to amaze me on a daily basis. They are happy, healthy little girls who remind me that looking at life through optimistic eyes is where it all started.

I hope that this is one quality they learn from their mama. The glass is always half-full.


To vote for my story on optimism,

Visit Tiffany at R Family Diaries

(Just leave a comment saying you VOTE for Quilao Triplets)

and for Photostory Friday, click the button below

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

20 comments:

Michelle said...

That was an awesome PSF! I can't imagine how scary that would be to have all three of your babies in NICU.

Good thing they are proving those doctors wrong. :)

tiarastantrums said...

beautifully said!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

this, casey, is one of the reasons i love you. your optimism shines through and really helped me during my darkest of days with my trio. thank you, so much!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you and your beautiful family! I'm sure it was hard to stay positive in uncertain times but it sounds like you weathered it gracefully!

Suzanne said...

and THAT, my dear, is one of the MANY reasons why i love you! couldn't have said it better myself! and i voted for you!!! have an awesome weekend!!!

Wayne said...

the glass is half full and its people like your kids that make that statment true

great photo friday

Anonymous said...

Such a great reminder to keep looking at the glass half full. Your girls have such an amazing story.

Anonymous said...

They are poster kiddos for optimism!

I love the picture of the three of them sitting at the table from the back. SO cute!

Heather said...

How can you not look at those 3 beauties and feel anything but pure hope! And optimism! Hooray!

Claremont First Ward said...

Your girls continue to amaze me. I remember the first time I found your blog and spent hours reading about your girls. You inspire me daily. I'm heading back over to vote for yOU..:)

scrappysue said...

i just read about this on another blog! what a great story

Jen said...

That is a great story of optimism. The power of positive thinking.

Mandy said...

so sweet.

Jessica said...

I love your optimism, and I know you are teaching your girls that wonderful quality through example. Come to think of it you NEVER complain.:)..I love you, and my girls. Great PSF!!

Bethany said...

What a wonderful post-- great reminder for all of us :) The girls are adorable, as always!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Beautiful optimism post. =)

Tiffany said...

I love this.

My son too was born under a cloud of Optimism- love it!!!

T

My name is Tammie said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I just love your story and your girls are a beautiful reminder that life has wonderful surprises.

girlytwins said...

Awesome optimism Casey. I love it. And I have no doubt that your girls will live life knowing the glass is always half full :)

Jaime said...

Love this!!