Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Easter Bunny and Lemon Bars

The girls had their Easter party at school this week, and although the egg hunt was rained out (BOO), the Easter bunny was able to make an appearance. A mother of another student volunteered to dress up for the kids. Think she was hot in there? To top it off, she couldn't see anything out of that bunny head so the teachers had to lead her around to make sure she didn't trample any kids!

So with bunny ears on their heads and big smiles, the girls hopped up on her lap for a picture. The chocolate bunny that she gave them afterwards was an added bonus.







We have another Easter picnic in our community on Saturday and our mom's group is in charge of baking goodies to sell. So, I decided to make one of my all-time favorite desserts for the occasion and I will share the recipe with you. So yummy!

Lemon Bars

Crust
2 sticks of melted butter
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sifted powdered sugar

Topping
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

**Mix together well**

Mix ingredients for the crust together and press into a 13x9 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour topping mixture over the crust and bake for another 25 minutes. When done baking, sprinkle powdered sugar on top while still warm. Let cool for a few hours and then cut into bars.




PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo the easter bunny pictures turned out so good!! Those Lemon bars look awesome!

Mandy said...

That is one big bunny!!! I will have to try those bars. WE have been rained in for the past few days...need something new to bake!

Wayne said...

wow it looks like you all had so much fun. I love the ones with the easter bunny.

great photo friday

Laura said...

Lemon bars are my favorite! My girls were terrified of the Easter Bunny! Your girls are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures! You can really never go wrong with lemon bars can you?

Michelle said...

Too bad the egg hunt was rained out, but I'm glad it didn't keep the Easter bunny away. :)

I love lemon bars!

Claremont First Ward said...

We love Lemon Bars over here, too! Such cute pictures.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love the pictures, they all turned out adorable. and lemon bars...mmmm, a total favorite of mine!

tiarastantrums said...

oh I see lots of smiles!!

Shellie said...

Cute shots, I'd sit on it's lap for a chocolate bunny. The lemon bars look yummy.

More Than Words said...

So cute! My oldest daughter was looking at the pictures and she goes, "I've never seen triplets before!"

Oh...and I LOVE LEMON BARS!! I'm so glad you posted a recipe because I've been wanting a good one!!

Jen said...

I am a HUGE lemon bar fan. And I love the picture of you and the girls.

Anonymous said...

Ok now I want a lemon bar...i will have to indulge tonight! :)

Glad y'all got to at least see the Easter Bunny! The pics are cute!

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog and I have to say your little girls are ADORABLE!! ~Sarah~

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

how fun! Love that she dressed up for them. Great pix too.

Jessica said...

Oh those pics are so sweet, and a good one with Mommy too. Hopefully we'll have a good Easter bunny out there tomorrow so we can get a group shot. Can't wait, should be fun! I will be bringing some money for the bake sale!

Tabitha Blue said...

Ohhh, they are so cute!!

Happy Easter and hope you're having a wonderfully blessed day!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

~Denise~ said...

Cute pics! Those bars look tasty.

Bethany said...

The girls look so cute with the easter bunny!! Happy Easter to you all, and I'll have to try those lemon bars...yummy!

Jaime said...

MMmmmmmmm... I love lemon bars!

girlytwins said...

Your girls are as cute as ever with the Easter Bunny.

And I might just love you...LOL. Lemon bars are my favorite. I WILL be making this recipe...soon. :)

The Microblogologist said...

Mmmm, lemon bars, the only edible/drinkable form of lemon! My mom makes it with a glaze stuff on top, mayhap we will have to try it with powdered sugar sometime.

Awesome that you got cute pics of the kiddies with the bunny =)