Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend

I thought it would be fun to start this post off with a little walk down memory lane. Every year, our community hosts an egghunt for the kids the Saturday before Easter and we get to see the bunny one more time.

The first time the girls met the Easter bunny, they weren't too sure of her, but they didn't run away screaming.

Easter 2007
(L to R) Alyssa, Riley, Makena

The next year, they wouldn't even sit near her unless I sat in the picture and even then, the results weren't great.

Easter 2008

And Alyssa was certain she didn't want anything to do with that bunny!


But this year, things have turned around. Three smiling girls!

Easter 2009

We spent Easter Sunday out on the farm with friends and family. The girls had a blast checking out all the animals, jumping their hearts out, and embarking on the biggest egghunt they've ever seen. We had a great day!

Click on the collage below to see the pictures enlarged

The girls were pooped after their day of fun! It is very rare that all three of my girls fall asleep in the car these days so I couldn't resist taking a picture.

18 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

Awwww look how big they are! Its so sweet to see them grow up by comparing pictures like that. :D

Heather said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love that last picture!! A classic for sure.

Rebecca Jo said...

This is the first year my twin nieces actually didnt freak out too at the Easter bunny!!

That picture with all their heads the same way... that is precious!

Susie said...

What great memories and awesome pictures!! It looks like you had a GREAT Easter:-)

Anonymous said...

aww love the recap of all the Easter bunny photos. Looks like you guys had a great time :-)

Tracey's Life said...

They are absolutely adorable!! You can see the "baby" starting to leave their faces as they turn into little girls. It looks like you had a really fun day. I am envious of the weather - it turned cold again here. I'm hoping to get that list of books started for you this afternoon. Have a good day.

Suzanne said...

awwwww!!! that last pic is absolutely adorable!!! love those girls!!! hope yall had a wonderful Easter weekend!!!!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

LOL!! The pictures from last year crack. me. up! hehe.

Jen said...

Oh what an awesome easter.

Ashley said...

That last picture is priceless.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm glad they like the Easter Bunny now!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are getting SO big!

Jessica said...

It is so fun to look back on each year and see how much they have grown:). You definitely have three smiling girls with the bunny now. Glad you had fun on the farm:)..

Laura said...

So cute! I love the photo's and that is a lot of easter eggs. My girls are still no fans of the Easter bunny. I am glad you had a nice Easter.

debi9kids said...

How fun to look back through the years! they have changed SO much! WOW!

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter this year!

Jaime said...

Way cute picture memories!! They are so adorable!

KatBouska said...

Look how BIG they're getting. I love posts from over the years...it's so fun to look back. :)

girlytwins said...

Love, love, love this! I was just comparing our pictures of the girls past Easters and noting the differences. Our girls were pretty much on par with your girls :)

So happy you had such a great day!!