Monday, July 27, 2009

They call me mommy

Car rides with the girls have turned into "20,000" questions, all of which begin with "mommy."

Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas and questions the girls come up with and half the time I'm cracking up over their conversations, but it can get a little tiresome responding to "mommy" 20,000 times in a row.

Kind of ironic that the new hit by "The Ting-Tings" came on the radio yesterday during our car ride. Some people think this song is annoying. I think it's catchy. And totally appropriate when I change my name.

14 comments:

Cammie said...

I always wondered why kids cant just ask the question and not start it with "hey mommy?" every. single. time.

Anonymous said...

hehe I am with Cammie! Even when Tim isin the car it is still Mommy! Drive a lady crazy!

girlytwins said...

Seriously sometimes I feel like we are leading parallel lives :) I was just talking about this to my mom and her friends the other day. There are times when my girls will saw 'mommy' in the car and not even have a question :) That is my favorite. LOL

Susan said...

once they start talking every sentence begins with "mommy" - my most recent response - "she ran away" - it takes them a minute to process that info and then it starts all over again. ah, being a mommy!

Jen said...

I like that song. Its fun. And some days, I totally want to change my name.

Malena said...

My kids heard this song while we were riding in the car too, and they've been singing it, or the phrase, for a while. The other day in the car someone came up with the edited version: "That's not my poop" which caused giggles beyond belief.
Do yours have a case of potty mouth too?

Tracey's Life said...

Heeheehee..... I can remember clear as day the day I told the kids I was changing my name and would not answer to Tracey (they call me Tracey because they still have a Mom even if she is in the Nursing Home) anymore. They wanted to know what I had changed it to and I would not tell them.... that led to about an hour of them driving me nuts!

Hilary said...

I hear you!!! Sometimes it's enough to make a Momma want to pull her hair out!!

Casey's trio said...

Malena,

You are not alone. Anything related to poop or pee is hilarious around here!

Shannon said...

I just commented on the same subject over at Laura's. I love my name but sometimes I wish the kiddos would forget it for a little while:)

Jocasta said...

I'm so with you "Mummy" (in my case) drives me crazy - x3 would be enough to drive you bonkers!

More Than Words said...

LOL..the story of my life!!!

My husband reminds me how sad I would be if I didn't hear that anymore!

debi9kids said...

LOL! My kids were actually singing that song to me this weekend in the van driving from our PA house to the Nj house. LOL

ps It drives me CRAZY sometimes too and I have been known to say that "no one by that name lives here."

Live.Love.Eat said...

I do think it's catchy too, I just think the lyrics are annoying.