Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wordful Wednesday-Fireworks

This picture sums up the girl's reactions to the fireworks on the 4th of July. And by fireworks, I mean the kind that you pay a fortune for on the side of the road that barely make any noise and throw tiny sparks in the air.

The hands you see around my neck belong to Riley who had a death grip on me as she hid behind me. Alyssa had her face buried in my chest, although she would turn around and peek occasionally. Makena just had to cover her ears but enjoyed watching all the action.

Maybe next year we'll get some Oooooohhhhs and Aaaahhhhhs!



Go visit Angie for more Wordful Wednesday

20 comments:

More Than Words said...

Honestly...I'm in shock!! I can't believe your spunky little girl were scared by them!! I wonder if it was the loud noise!!

Liz Mays said...

I guess it can be quite loud and frightening if you're not used to it!

Anonymous said...

hehe this picture is great!! We watched fireworks from really far away this year and got oohhh and ahhs.. but if we had been closer he would have cried!

Jaysi said...

Finn was sharing in those sentiments this year. We ended up just putting him to bed.

I am a bit surprised that your girls didn't like it though. Maybe just a pack of sparklers next year!

Tracey's Life said...

Oh that so takes me back to when mine were that young, they did not like the noise either. I think for their little ears it can just be overwhelming. Now, Robert (13yrs) wants to be old enough to light them himself.

I hope you are enjoying your summer with the girls.... I miss mine like crazy and they have only been gone for 3 days!

Genny said...

My son used to cover his ears too. And one year, he fell asleep right in the middle of the fireworks! Now (at 8 years old) he LOVES them. This year was his favorite year ever. :)

Michelle said...

We have only been close to fireworks once with the girls when they were little and the noise scared the heck out of them. Far away is ideal. :)

Jen said...

aw poor girls but cute photo.

Sheila said...

Awww poor things, they will like them more as they get older.

girlytwins said...

So funny. My girls were so excited until we gave them a sparkler and then they were scared. They did not like the 'fire sticks' as they called them.

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hello:D I ran accross your blog the other day and thought it was one of the cutest ever! It would so awesome to have triplets..I know it's works but ther rewards of three little ones calling you mommy is beyound measure. I told my hubby..Imagine going from 0 to 3 babies lol. I love the pics....it's def a kodak momment! Yeah..maybe by next year they'll be totally thrilled by fireworks:D

Susan@-)----

Claremont First Ward said...

We watched the fireworks from inside a restaurant, and it was so nice b/c the twins would have freaked out about the noise otherwise.

Night Owl Mama said...

sits girl here to
my dd has to have mufflers for her ears they will learn to luv them

Muthering Heights said...

Awww, well, like you said, maybe next year!

Heather said...

Yep, I'm "0" for 3 in kids liking the fireworks. Lots of hear covering and tears. They like them in theory, but in practice, not so much.........

Shannon said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that I am not alone. The girls loved them this year and last but Sammy is always screaming and covering his ears. I adore fireworks and wish he could too!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Love it.. they are like puppies??

Hey I totally love your pictures up on your header!!

Bethany said...

Aww the poor girls! Fireworks really scare some kids and others just adore them. Here's to next year... ;)

debi9kids said...

LOL! Ok, i know not funny at the time, but it's funny later.
I think all of mine cried at least one year, with my son David being the one who held the title of "king" because he cried every year for the first TEN years of his life.
Maybe next year...

Jen said...

I agree with the first comment! It surprises me that your little spitfires were scared!