We contributed to the struggling economy this weekend by spending some cold hard cash at the fair. After paying a $34 entrance/parking fee, we couldn't wait to find some fun activities for the girls. But first we had to feed everyone so we paid $60 for food, lemonade, and ice cream. Then we found the petting zoo that was $15 to get in just to see a bunch of goats. The best part was Riley stepping in a big pile of animal crap that covered her shoe and got all over her hands. I think the poop was from the one llama roaming around that was trying to eat all the small children. We ran out of money before the girls went on any rides!
Lo and behold, the activity that got the triplet seal of approval was the sandbox filled with corn that was free. They spent at least an hour in there playing.
Hmmmm....next year we are heading straight for the cornbox!
For more Wordful Wednesday
Visit Angie at









20 comments:
I know, it's crazy how much everything cost there! The funny thing is, people will spend it too!
I'm with you! Straight to the cornbox next year!
Hey why didn't we think of that instead of sand? Corn is much less messy! EEEwww on the stinky poop. Looks like fun times were still had by all, except the cleaning up poop part.
We go to a Pumpkin Patch and they have a cornbox. My girls love it!
Looks like a lot of fun! Your children are lovely!
Ha! We have a cornbox at our pumpkin farm we visit every year. I've only let them play in it once because last time they ended up with corn stored in pockets / socks / etc etc... I was finding corn all day.
Isn't that always how it works? You pay money for the toys and they just want to play with the free rocks and dirt.
Isn't that funny? : ) I have never seen that. I think it is a good idea though. Sand gets EVERY where. Corn would be much easier to brush off : )
Haha. Isn't it crazy how kids can be just as happy with a free activity.
We made a trip to our fair too and it was insane the money we spent. It was a great time but seriously we could have gone away for the weekend LOL.
geez thats crazy expensive!! I hope the girls had fun. Even if you guys had to drain the college fund a little ;-)
So expensive, but at least the girls had a great time.
The cost of the fair is so expensive, but I wouldn't miss it for anything. I'll bet that corn felt good to play with!!
It's like how you buy them all these toys at Christmas and you find them playing with the box! ;-) Looks like they had fun in there for sure!
LOL, might as well!!
Oh my goodness! It's not easy having a large-ish family, that's for sure. Everything is so expensive! I have an idea- just get a sandbox, fill it with corn, and toss it in the back yard!
We hit the fair with my twin girls recently too and it is expensive. We wanted to skip the fair this year where we just got back from vacation but my mother in law said it was a tradition so we went. Your girls are SO cute. I would have loved to have triplets. It must take you a decade to go anywhere. I get so many questions just having twins. I love the idea of a corn sand box Its a lot less messy lol. My girls hate to get dirty.
I am scared.....We are headed to the fair in a couple of weeks and I am already saving. That's crazy!!
Why do things cost so much?
The cornbox sounds like a dream. I wonder if they will have one here? hmmm....then again, my OLDER kids may look a little crazy playing in it.
How fun for them! What a cute picture!
That corn box is really cool! Too bad we couldn't have one in our backyard instead of sand...but I think we would attract every deer in the county if we had a corn box.
Fair food is so expensive, but it is soooo yummy! I would love to go to the fair this year, but not sure that we'll make it this year.
A corn box- that's so cool!!!
Post a Comment