Friday, October 16, 2009

The Colors of Fall

Fall is a relatively short season in our area and we don't experience as much of the color changes that other regions do. When the girls and I were out for a walk yesterday, I noticed one of the trees stood out among all the others and I couldn't resist capturing some of that color.



It was fun to watch the girls find the beauty in their surroundings too!

Have you hugged a tree lately?

Riley and Alyssa...taking a short break in their acorn-picking to pose for mom.

Hope you all find something beautiful in your world to appreciate this weekend!


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Carissa



Click here to see our guest list and add your link.

14 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

it's fall here, but freezing! your girlies are precious, as always! love the smiles.

Cecily R said...

I want to pick acorns!! (I don't know if my kids have ever seen a real one. Weird.)

The tree hugger pic makes me happy. :)

Emily said...

I love fall!! The leaves are just starting to change here!

Annie said...

Love the changes of colors of fall. It is so beautiful. Here we don't notice it.

Have a nice weekend.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Beautiful! I love fall.

kayerj said...

oh that's cute--I think I'll go hug a tree. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

scrappysue said...

gorgeous! they're growing up so fast!

Jessica said...

Ah I do love fall. This post and the pics made me smile. I love that the girls love to pick acorns:). The simple things in life!

Susan said...

What a beautiful tree...our trees here are starting to change color. I love this time of year!

Kim said...

I love fall and all the gorgeous colors. Love the pictures. Thanks for coming to my blog and not forgetting me!! I haven't been around for a while, trying to adjust to this sahm stuff. lol!

Laura said...

Growing up in California I never got to see fall colors. It's a double edged sword though because here I get a beautiful fall but it just means a cold winter. I think I prefer California having mild falls and mild winters, wink.

girlytwins said...

Very pretty. I just noticed our trees changing this weekend too, even if it was 90+ degrees :)

I have not hugged a tree recently however I am pretty sure my girls have LOL.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Love the bright yellow of that tree! We too have a very short fall and it's such a bummer since it is my favorite time. This year we went from green leaves on the trees to green leaves covering the ground. It got real;ly cold overnight and many of the trees just said whatever and let-go them all!

Kacey said...

We are going to go hug some trees today and get some pumpkins too. ;D