Monday, October 19, 2009

Seven times the fun

We were lucky enough to spend Friday with our fave quad buddies, The McNultys. Whenever I have a day off from work, Gen and the quads are top on my list for playdates. The kids really enjoy each other and Gen and I get to feel like we have a partner in crime while running around chasing the kids together. They made the drive out to our neighborhood to play at one of our parks and the kids played their hearts out. We had the whole park to ourselves for most of the day and the kids took full advantage of all the space.

Between the two of us, Gen and I almost complete the lineup for our own baseball team! Here are the kiddos checking out the dugout before they make a complete mess of it.

Of course my kids start playing in the dirt and collecting bags of "corn." Love the imaginations of three and four year olds. Makena knows a day at the park would not be complete without digging in the dirt.


Riley is happy about the dirt too!



Alyssa flashing her sweet as sugar smile!


But the day wouldn't be complete without a Lissy-bear meltdown.
Had to capture that face on camera.


Molly and Libby got in on the dirt action too!


Molly and Alyssa swinging to their heart's content!



The kids had fun chasing the soccer ball around but nothing tops climbing the nets. Monkey genes must run in both of our families. Check out Russ in the top right-hand corner of the picture. Little man got all the way to the top!


Lunch time love!
Makena, Alyssa, Libby, and Ally


Russell, Riley, and Molly


And of course my girls complete the day by taking their shoes off and kicking back in the play structure. Those pink socks MUST belong to Alyssa.



And a HUGE thanks to Gen for bringing along the potty.
You know I couldn't resist taking this picture right? And yes, that is my Lissy-bear taking care of her business. Sometimes that trip to the bathroom is just too far!

Thanks for coming out to our hood McNulty's.. As always, we LOVED spending the day with you!

12 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like fun! It's so nice to play when you have a great friend to chat with. The potty pic is so funny.

I have missed you lately. Hope you are doing well!

More Than Words said...

Fun pictures!! What a blessing for them to have all those friends!

Suzanne said...

awww! can't imagine the fun you 9 have! LOVED the pics!

Pam said...

Looks like so much fun! Russ is going to have lots of girls to watch after, or choose from huh! So glad you let the girls play in the dirt....looks like they all had a ball and I'm sure it was fun for you and Gen as well! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

Rebecca said...

It looks like you had a great day!

Hilary said...

Love the pictures!! How much fun:)

Jen said...

that is so cool that you have an other MoM so close. What a great friend to have.

Love the potty shot!

Shannon said...

Love the pictures. So fun that you get to spend time with another amazing group. I am sure it is great to spend time with another mother who understands as well! Every time I see that you carry a potty with you, I think that it is the greatest idea ever. Not sure why I haven't tried it yet. I just tell them to hold it or we have to go home...bad mommy!

Anonymous said...

looks like an amazing day! The kids are getting so big! I can't believe Russell climbed all the way to the the top of that goal!

girlytwins said...

It is so awesome that you guys have a great friendship with another family of multiples. I know my girls would just love your playdates :)

The McNulty Family said...

Oh Case,

What would I do without my partner in crime!?! I LOVE you so much and LOVE the way you LOVE my WILD MONSTER children!

Thank you so much for having us!! Soooo... when is your next day off???

Give those three beautiful girls hugs from us all!
XOXO
Gen

Heather said...

I love it. All of it. And that portable toilet is just too much. Funny! And perfect!