Sunday, May 11, 2008

My girls

I had to write a few thoughts about my sweet girls as this Mother's Day comes to an end. Even though there are days like today when I want to pull my hair out while eating mass quantities of chocolate and crying my eyes out because of the constant whining, fighting, and misbehavior from the 3 of you, I always find myself in awe of you when the house settles down for the night. You are growing up so quickly before my eyes and I am honored to be your mommy.


Miss Makena....you are an interesting mix of daredevil and shyness. You have no fear when it comes to climbing, jumping and hanging off of play equipment or furniture, but in the next moment you may be clinging to my leg if we are in a crowd or among strangers. You have certainly become quite a mama's girl lately and we spend some quality time together snuggling on the couch every night. You are quick to holler "No, my mama" at Riley or Alyssa if they get to close to me during your snuggle time. You are fond of getting into mischief and will usually take off running when you get caught. Your cute trick of the moment is wiggling your nose up and down like a bunny or flaring your nostrils!

Miss Lissy Bear....you have become quite vocal lately of your dislikes, which drives me insane at times because when you get into a mood, it is hard to break you out of it. I call you "opposite girl" sometimes because you'll ask for something or a certain activity and as soon as it is given to you, your response is "NO!" More recently, you have started to ask to go "night-night" when you are upset and spending some alone time in your crib will often calm you down. I hope this is a sign that you will never have a difficult time speaking up for yourself as you get older! You also have such a sweet, caring manner. When you see one of your sisters hurt or crying, you will ask to "hold sissy." Your crib looks like a toybox, because you are always bringing something with you to bed and you don't like it when I try to clear things out. I was startled awake by "Tickle Me Elmo" laughing his a** off over the baby monitor last night and realized you must have rolled into him while you were sleeping. Your cute trick of the moment is when I come to get you from your crib and remind you that you have to leave your binkies in your bed. You quickly pop each binky in your mouth and suck on each one as if saying goodbye to your friends!

Miss Riley....my happy-go-lucky girl! You are usually joking and acting silly and I'm sure you will be the life of the party as you get older. You are the most articulate of the group and make great observations of the world around you. Your sensitive side comes out when you get in trouble or when something scares you and the crocodile tears will flow. Your daddy likes to push your buttons sometimes just because you are so predictable with your reactions. I always look forward to putting you to bed each night, because you always say something cute and charming as we give our goodnight kisses. Your cute trick of the moment is giving me a pat-pat on the back when we hug goodnight while saying, "pat-a-pat."


I love you with all my heart girls. I know that I'm not a perfect mommy and that there are times when I lose my patience. But, I wake up everyday feeling blessed that you are mine and looking forward to all the new things you will teach me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casey that was BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you talk about your girls. You are one incredible mama!

I'm so glad you made it to the party this weekend. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. You have been a great friend.

Watching you with your girls is just amazing. They are not only adorable.. but so well behaved and at ease. You have done an outstanding job.

I hope you had a great mother's day! You deserve it more than anyone I know!

XOXO
Gen
ps: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PICTURES.. I've been working on the bday blog all night... going up on Tuesday! :).. for now, I'm going to sleep!

Kelly said...

Wow. Sounds like your day was like mine...

latree said...

they are such a wonderful blessing....
and will it make your mother's day better (sorry late, but better than never) if I tell you that i love you this much?

Shannon said...

Made me weepy. Such a sweet post to your girls on Mother's Day. I could have written the same post. These kiddos make me want to cry sometimes out of sheer frustration but when the house is quiet, I feel like I want to cry with gratitude and joy.

Casey, your girls are just precious and they are beyond lucky to have you as their mother!

Rolyndia said...

I love what you said about each of your girls, who by the way are just beautiful.

Claremont First Ward said...

Casey,
I loved hearing all the things the girls are doing now and all the ways their unique personalities are continuing to emerge.......

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and wanted to stop and say hello! Your girls are beautiful :)

-Tara at www.twolinesonastick.com