Friday, February 27, 2009

Photostory Friday and Little cooks in the kitchen

The girls LOVE to make a huge mess in the kitchen cook with me any chance they get! I try to find opportunities for them to help me as much as I can, even if it is just pouring a cup of water into a bowl for me.


So, I thought I would share the recipe for the muffins we will be making this weekend. This is another one of my childhood favorites, Bran Muffins. These aren't your ordinary, dry, extra healthy bran muffins. Think moist and sweet and fattening....Yummy!

Here's what you need.....now this is for a big batch of muffins. My mom must have been feeding an army. You can easily cut this recipe in half.

One 15 ounce box of Raisen Bran (7 cups)
5 cups of flour-wheat or white
3 cups of sugar
5 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
2 tsp. salt
1 cup canola oil
a quart of buttermilk
2 cups of nuts (optional)

Mix all the ingredients together into a bowl and scoop into muffin pans. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

28 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

adore that photo

More Than Words said...

Oh how cute!! Love seeing the pictures of your triplets!! It's not too often I see triplets!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

those sound really yummy. i love the picture of the 4 of you at work, such a sweet moment. lydia also loves to help me cook + it is such a fun bonding time for us. i can't wait to let the peaches help out!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh that shot is a classic. I do hope you frame it and put in in your kitchen! You must love having 3 little helpers! :)

Kelly said...

AWWW. I just love your girls.

Rebecca Jo said...

how sweet is that... they all want to be involved!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Moist + sweet + fattening? Um, yeah, anything that meets this criteria is something that I definitely need to try.

Thanks for the great recipe. I'll have to try this one with my own kids.

-Francesca

Michelle said...

What a cute picture of the four of you!

Cupcake Dessert said...

i love that picture of ya'll at work!! that is so cute.. and the step stools are adorable!!!

Jen said...

LOVE bran muffins. I am going to try this soon.

scrappysue said...

and they all look like they are waiting so patiently too!

R and R Stacy said...

Adorable!! Sounds yummy! I will have to try them out for myself. Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend!

Suzanne said...

awwww! how absoutely precious is that picture??? i love it!!! have an awesome weekend!!!!! love you!

Claremont First Ward said...

THe photo is SO cute, and I love that these muffins sound really different and nubbly!

kayerj said...

Yum, my grandkiddies must also make a big mess--I mean--cook with me.

debi9kids said...

That sounds very similar to one of my favoirte bran muffin recipes. YUM!

ps That photo is ADORABLE!!!!

Heather said...

That is a treasure! And i wish I could make those muffins right now, but darn it, there is no oven here at work.

Cecily R said...

Yummmmmm.

And that pic? So. Perfectly. Adorable!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a cute picture. I imagine the expression "too many cooks in the kitchen" will never apply!

Anonymous said...

cute little helpers!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

great photo!
I think you must be right, that does appear to make a rather large batch.... probably just the right size for my family! :P

Jessica said...

Have I had these??? Any left for Auntie??? I love that pic!

Susan said...

Those sound delicious!
Next time I get frustrated with Austin being overly eager to be a kitchen helper, I will remember you have three!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

too stinking cute!

girlytwins said...

LOVE cooking with my girls. And they love it even more I think.

That recipe sounds yummy. I will put in my must trys :)

Susan said...

The green potty/step stool is cracking me up. We have the same one at our house, however my son never uses it as a potty - he drags it around the house in order to reach things he's not supposed to...cute pic.

girlytwins said...

Happy birthday Casey!!

Christina said...

Sounds yummy. And, I love your picture!