Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wordful Wednesday and The Hiding Spot

As the girls entered toddlerhood two years ago, we started to let them out of "baby jail" so they could start exploring larger areas in the house.



They quickly claimed one of our cabinets in the kitchen as one of their favorite places to hang out. I keep this cabinet full of plastic containers that at first, just kept the girls entertained by their ability to take them in and out while opening and closing the cabinet door over and over and over. And of course, once the cabinet was empty, they figured out that all three of them could squeeze in it and hide from mommy.


April 2007


The "magic" of the cabinet still exists today. The girls love going in there to find plastic containers that they can "cook" in. And of course, they still find joy in just making a mess and throwing them all over the kitchen and living room. All three of them can still squeeze in there, but it gets a little crowded....especially when they drag along their Easter baskets, blankets and backpacks.


January 2009



For more Wordful Wednesday

Visit Angie at


27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughters are so sweet.

Jessica said...

So cute! I love that you found an old pic of them in their fav spot. They have changed so much!

Simply AnonyMom said...

those pics made me smile. Than kyou for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hehe, what funny little nuggets! My nephew has a "cabinet" at my house :) He loves to stir his blocks with a wooden spoon & he also loves hopping in there with all his treasures!

More Than Words said...

LOL..oh my gosh, I love that picture of them crying!

Your girls are absolutely beautiful! They are totally miracle babies!!

Happy WW!!
Alicia

Hootin Anni said...

This is just too sweet!!! Adorable girls, and wonderful smiles. Looks like they keep you busy.

My Wordful is all about three ships that went sailing across the seas to discover America. And they're all here in our city. [replicas that is]

Come on over for a blog visit, I'd love to have your company today.

Anonymous said...

Too funny that they still do that!

Anonymous said...

They are seriously, ridiculously adorable : ). So fun! Cabinets are great hiding places. My son used to love that too!

Lindsay said...

ooo too cute!! Such a fun hang out for the 3 of them!

Jen said...

Love it! I still remember the joy the cabinets brought me and my siblings growing up. I wish we had pictures to look back on!

Virginia said...

Oooh too cute!

Angela said...

Too cute! I can't believe the THREE of them still fit in there at once!!

Jen said...

Oh the joy of emptying cupboards and drawers. It provides tons of fun.

The McNulty Family said...

They get more and more beautiful every day. What a fun walk down memory lane.

Love you!
Gen

tiarastantrums said...

that first photo is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What great photos! I love that they all play together to this day in the closet!

Unknown said...

Oh, how fun! My toddler hasn't discovered climbing into the cabinets, but she sure does love emptying them for me.

Great pictures - thanks for sharing!

girlytwins said...

Haha. Love this. Your girls are always so cute. I love their creative mischief. :)

{K} said...

They look so tiny in the first pictures!!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness that first picture really captures their angst at being confined.
My sisters and I used to have a closet that we hid and played in all the time. Seeing your girls in that cabinet really brought back some great memories.

debi9kids said...

How cute that they still have the cabinet as a favorite hiding spot :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Look how big they are compared to those baby pictures... but I love that you took a picture of them freaking out behind "baby jail"... adorable!

Jaysi said...

Ha! Ha! That is so cute that they still get in there.

Cindy said...

OMG adorable. I love that they still like going in there together!!!
I am still terified of letting mine out of their 'jail' without help. I can't go in three different directions and they are SO FAST! How did you do it?

Heather said...

They are so cute (even crying in baby jail).

Jaime said...

So fun that you have those pictures! Love it!:)
Your girls are so fun!

Live.Love.Eat said...

OMG, those faces!!!!! They are going to love looking back on all these photos you catch.