Monday, September 14, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute- Thunder Storms

We have had the craziest weather over the last few days ranging from hot-hot-hot one day to thunderstorms the next. We woke up on Saturday morning with overcast skies and leaves being blown everywhere by the trees. By mid-morning, we heard thunder booming outside our windows. The girls and I couldn't resist heading outside to watch the rain fall. Makena wanted the thunder to come down from the sky so she could meet him and was so sad when he wasn't making noise anymore. What fun it is trying to answer the "why" questions all day long! I should have paid more attention in science class.

Riley--doing her rain dance


The girls covering their ears when Mr. Thunder made another loud noise


Who can catch the most rain drops?


Hold me sissy...Mr. Thunder is LOUD!


I promise they weren't flashing the neighbors....just trying to catch some raindrops on their bellies!

I am SOOOOO ready for cooler weather and enjoyed every minute of our thunderstorm this weekend. Can't wait for Fall.




Tuesday's Tribute

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo so much fun! Sammy always says boom after every clap of thunder! hehe so much fun catching rain drops!

kisatrtle said...

very cute pictures. we should all remember how we used to feel when it rained and grumble less about it.

Rebecca said...

Ha ha, I love this pic of them letting the rain hit their bellies. My girls HATE thunder they flip out big time. The last time it rained I begged them to dance in the rain and they were having no part of it.

Michelle said...

The picture of the two standing close is so precious.

Hey, could you send some rain our way??

Amy said...

Oh how I love the rain. Cute post.

Claremont First Ward said...

John would have tried to catch the raindrops on his stomach, too. So cool that they were not scared by the thunder. When we lived in MA we had some crazy summer thunder storms. The thunder would shake the house like an earthquake. Love these pictures of the girls.

Tracey's Life said...

The pictures of your pretty little girls always put a smile on my face. It made me remember being a kid and dancing outside in the rain!

debi9kids said...

They are just so cute! LOVE them catching the raindrops on their bellies! ADORABLE!

Jessica said...

Cute pics..I love that they were trying to drink the rain:). Have them come over and Uncle Geoff can answer thunder questions. I think you and I were chatting in class during that lesson:).

Cindy said...

OMG I love these pics! I love the first raindrops. We really need the rain down here. Can't wait for fall!

girlytwins said...

SOOOO much fun! We have yet to have a thunder storm. I think my girls would love them.
Love the rain drops on the belly. :)

Annie said...

My girls love to see the rain, too.

Great pictures.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Hey I love Mr. Thunder.. I want to show the neighbors MY belly! :)

My post today is called When it rains.. but it does NOT have anythign to do with real rain... :)

I wish we had some of that too!

Bethany said...

That's so much fun! My parents live in a field in the middle of nowhere and one of my favorite activities was chasing the rain- staying in front of it as long as we could, and then running back through it towards the house :)